GPS Module Power Issues V3

RTBoston

I've read about issues with the pins on older version of the dashcam but thought they had been solved.
Is there an opportunity to get that module replaced somehow? I can power the cam directly, but then I lose speed, something I want in the event of a ticket.
I also bought an extended warranty through amazon for the device, but I don't want to have to be without the dashcam for a period of time for a simple part.

Anyone else deal with this and have suggestions to share?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Do you mean there isn't the speed information on the display?

Could you share a screenshot of the GPS Info Stamp? Did you turn on GPS in the setting?

If the option of the GPS Stamp and GPS both are turned on, you can update the firmware as reference the link: https://bit.ly/3gP09F1

Last edited:

RTBoston

No speed info as I'm plugged directly into the dashcam now. The GPS module appears to have stopped working - although it worked fine for a year. I had previously been plugged into that and the dashcam got power from that module.
I'll grab pictures tonight.

Thanks!

Dtmenace

I have the same problem, the unit will not power up from the GPS module, only via the direct USB connector, any ideas, this is under a year old

RTBoston

PIcs attached:
First pic shows no power getting through the GPS module. Note... this worked perfectly for over a year and nothing was touched.

Second pic:
Shows power and dashcam working properly, but the power is directly to the dashcam and no GPS data available.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
PIcs attached:
First pic shows no power getting through the GPS module. Note... this worked perfectly for over a year and nothing was touched.

View attachment 979

Second pic:
Shows power and dashcam working properly, but the power is directly to the dashcam and no GPS data available.
View attachment 980
Hello,

We reckon the GPS Module has broken. Please contact: support@viofo.com and tell the problem. And I also have told them about the issue of your dashcam. They will provide you a solution.

RTBoston

Paid for replacement GPS module to be shipped. Same issue with the new one.
PIcs below. I have video I can share as well if needed. Suggestions?'

Pic 1 (power connected to new GPS module)

Power to GPS. Fully inserted. No power to Dashcam.

Plugged directly to dashcam - no problems.

SWoMP

Slightly off topic but I recall a recent picture that shiwed which pins on the GPS module should give what voltage but I cant find it now. Can anyone point me to it or re-post it here please...