Hardwired dashcam 2017 Mazda 6 diesel

Dec

Hi was wondering if anyone out there has the A129 duo installed in a Mazda 6 sports nav 2.2 diesel or Mazda 6 of any model.
Reason I'm asking is I have mine on parking mode and I'm only getting 2 to 4 hours of parking mode with camera set at low bitrate and have used all power cut off settings on hardwire with no better results.
Any Ideas or better results.

benkar

Hi was wondering if anyone out there has the A129 duo installed in a Mazda 6 sports nav 2.2 diesel or Mazda 6 of any model.
Reason I'm asking is I have mine on parking mode and I'm only getting 2 to 4 hours of parking mode with camera set at low bitrate and have used all power cut off settings on hardwire with no better results.
Any Ideas or better results.
Battery OK and charged? Are you using a 3 hardwire kit? If the voltage drops below the set value (11,8-12,4V), the camera will turn off to prevent the battery from being completely discharged.

Dec

Battery is as old as car 2017 and a 3 wire hardwire.
Have Tried all hardwire settings for power with no real difference.

Dec

Battery OK and charged? Are you using a 3 hardwire kit? If the voltage drops below the set value (11,8-12,4V), the camera will turn off to prevent the battery from being completely discharged.
Battery is as old as car 2017 and a 3 wire hardwire.
Have Tried all hardwire settings for power with no real difference.

Capture Your Action

Battery health will depend on how much your car is driven. If you only drive your car for 15-20 minutes (all at once, not a bunch of 5 minute drives) once or twice a day, then your car can never fully charge your battery. After awhile your battery can become weaker and weaker. Now that you have a dash camera draining your battery when the car if off, it will deplete the battery much faster. Put a charger on the battery and top it off, then see how long parking mode lasts.

Dec

Battery health will depend on how much your car is driven. If you only drive your car for 15-20 minutes (all at once, not a bunch of 5 minute drives) once or twice a day, then your car can never fully charge your battery. After awhile your battery can become weaker and weaker. Now that you have a dash camera draining your battery when the car if off, it will deplete the battery much faster. Put a charger on the battery and top it off, then see how long parking mode lasts.
How long are you getting with your parking mode if that's okay to ask.
Will give it a charge and see. It

Capture Your Action

I use low bitrate parking mode on my 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I replaced the battery 2-3 years ago and my A129 DUO will remain on, in parking mode for 8.5 hours plus. I have never needed it any longer, so not sure how long it would go and I shut the camera off when parked at home in my garage. I have the kit set to 12.4V. I drive my car almost everyday for a minimum of 1.5-2 hours.

Dec

Thanks for that information.
Have seen other dashcams only giving 3 to 4 hours. I will charge the battery and see what results I get. Thanks again.