Hardwiring A129 Pro with Cellink Neo Question

rlm42

Hi,

I'm trying to hardwire my new A129 Pro with the Cellink Neo. I've connected the red to red and yellow to yellow from the battery to the hardwire kit. I'm a bit confused about the black/ground cable as it has a bolt connector for the hardwire kit, whereas the ground coming out of of the battery is just a wire..

What am I supposed to do, strip hardwire kit ground connection and connect it to the battery wire? Or connect hardwire kit to the bolt in the car?

Another question is, I have a 10A and 15A fuse, which one should I connect it to?
The 10A is for the Outside Rear Mirrors, the 15A is for Cigarette Ligher/Accessory Socket.

Thanks! :)

Capture Your Action

This is the unspliced wiring harness?

Cut the connector off and connect it to the black from the NEO.

Are you sure the yellow wire from the NEO is for accessory?

rlm42

Ah sigh I messed it up, yellow is B+. Ok thanks.

Also it says in the Neo guide "Connect the input terminal of the battery and the fuse of less than 10A of the ACC power terminal of fusebox". Does this mean the fuse has to be less than 10A ? I was going to connect it to the 10A Outside Rear Mirror fuse.

Capture Your Action

Sorry, not sure on that one. Are they referring to connecting the NEO to a fuse tap?

There are lots of videos online about the NEO, maybe google a NEO install.

rlm42

Yes bit confused with the fuse tap.. to get them into the tap i really have to force them in they don't seem to fit properly especially existing one in my car. The tap fits fine into the car, the fuses arn't going into the tap easily, it seems they don't fit properly?

The battery came with a 20A fuse, do I need to put this in the at the top? And existing car fuse 10A in the bottom? Do 10A and 20A fuses mix fine with the tap?

Capture Your Action

Yes bit confused with the fuse tap.. to get them into the tap i really have to force them in they don't seem to fit properly especially existing one in my car. The tap fits fine into the car, the fuses arn't going into the tap easily, it seems they don't fit properly?

The battery came with a 20A fuse, do I need to put this in the at the top? And existing car fuse 10A in the bottom? Do 10A and 20A fuses mix fine with the tap?

View attachment 820
You have the wrong fuses for the fuse tap. That's an ATO/Standard fuse tap, but the fuse your holding is not.

Tam1978

You can see the different types of fuses at about 2:01 in the video. To confirm the correct fuse to use, compare it to one of the fuses already in the fuse panel.

If the fuses in the fuse panel match the one you're showing in your image, then you have the wrong fuse tap and you need to buy a different one.

So, it's either the fuse is wrong or the fuse tap is wrong. It sounds like the fuse is wrong as you state that the fuse tap fits fine in the car.
------------------
If the fuse tap is going in to a slot where a fuse already exists, use it in one of the fuse tap slots and then place a new one, with the correct amperage, in the other slot needed by the Viofo. A 5A fuse is more than enough...I believe 2A is even better.

The slot closest to the fuse tap legs is usually for the existing car fuse and the top one farthest away from the legs is usually for the new connection, the Viofo in this case.

The orientation of the fuse tap matters too. Fuses can go into the existing car fuse slot either right-side up or upside down. However, the fuse tap needs to go into the slot in a certain direction to function properly. Nothing bad will happen if it's put into the slot in the wrong direction. However, if the main existing fuse of the fuse tap blows, then the add-on fuses circuit for the Viofo will not receive any power. At about 4:10 in the video it lays out the purpose of each leg of the fuse tap. The video then goes on to explain it. So, if you don't notice it soon enough, you may not have that dashcam video that you need when it's important. If it's in the correct way, the dashcam will continue to function even if the existing fuse that you are tapping into is blown.

rlm42

Thanks for your replies, found an unused 15A fuse, used that and it's all working fine :)

Ninho

Hello, I am relaunching the subject :)
I would like to know one thing please.
Is the spliced cable to connect the Cellink Neo to the Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K only available on the BlackBoxMyCar website, or is it possible to get it elsewhere?
Thank you