Having Multible Issues with the A129 Pro Duo (ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE ISSUES?)

DM123

I purchased 2 Viofo A129 Pro Duo in the past 30 days and want to make everyone aware of the issues I've experienced.

1. Rear camera not always recording in parking mode. Going through my parking mode recordings, I noticed the rear camera footage is sometimes blank or doesn't playback and while the front camera recordings do playback. It seems to only happen in night time footage when in parking mode. This happened on both cameras!

2. I got a strange blue line on the left side of some of my videos both day and night. This only happened on one of the two cameras.

3. I had a sharpness issue on one of the A129 Pro cameras. License plates looked blurry compared to my A119 V3. The A129 Pro is a 4K camera while the 119v3 is a 2K camera and should be just as sharp but wasn't. Look at the samples!

4. Nighttime auto exposure was flickering from dark to light when in parking mode. This happened only on one the A129 pro cameras. I'll try to upload a file. for you to see.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE ISSUES TOO?

Attachments

Last edited:

stasbti

I'd return, ordered another one and tested again.
Btw, reducing exposure helps with reducing noise and licence plate glare/all white in the nights? I know it's not the case for A119v3, because it has f1.6 vs f1.8 in A129

34ford

I gave up. Took it all out yesterday and put it on Ebay. Maybe in the future they will make a better camera I will try it.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
For the #1, it seems it is related with the memory card, what kind of memory card do you use?
For the #2 and #4, please upgrade to this new firmware.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o8if0w8PQFK7ysfBDlaUvgR-zqAiL3EQ

Normally 4K camera has more motion blur at night compared to 2K or 1080P is normal, the 4K advantage will be obvious while the light is good.