HK3 Kit power cut-off - time delay?

ds2010

This question is primarily for Viofo reps/engineers, but the other's considerations are welcome too.
It appears that, when the car battery voltage is falling below the selected cutoff theshold, HK3 is not cutting the power off the dashcam immediately, but rather waits for about 100sec of battery voltage dwelling below that threshold, and only then cuts it off.
This behaviour is counter-intuitive to me, although I am sure Viofo has their reasons.
But before I write with my reasoning here, could Viofo please confirm that this is the case, and explain the reasons for implementing that wait?
Thanks.

Capture Your Action

If power were to dip for some reason, but was able to recover quickly, the camera would still be powered. Without the delay, the camera would just shut down. Is this the main reason for the delay, I don't know. Is this an issue for you for some reason?

ds2010

I am trying to understand the reasons for such long delay. Brownouts in the car power supply network are usual things, but typical brownout lasts the fractions of second, maybe a couple of seconds at the most.
90 second time filtering of such events seems unnecessary long to me.
The flip side of having such a long delay is a potential safety issue, when in the event of (partial) short circuit or overcurrent in a dashcam, HK3 will still keep it powered for at least 90 seconds, which may cause an overheating in the wires/HK3/dashcam, and potentially catching fire, if the car fuse(s) rating prevents those from blowing in such event.

So, I want to hear a single benefit of having 90 sec delay, instead of say 10sec.

Capture Your Action

Fuses should protect in case of short circuit. That's what they are there for. Other similar hardwire kits from other brands have similar delays.

ds2010

As I said, automotive fuses range anywhere up to 100 Amps, so may not trip depending on the type of short cct.
But this is sidetracking the discussion.
I still would like to know what functionality of HK3 will be affected/compromised if that delay is shortened to say 10 seconds.

ds2010

12V * 5A = 60W. That's a serious power to cause overheating. 60W soldering iron is considered fairly big.

OK, so much for the fuses.
Let's wait to see if Viofo can comment on the length of that delay.