how does the parking mode work?

RJ1002

i was thinking about getting one of those battery (BLACKBOXMYCAR BI-750) for your dash cam later but buy the camera now.

but how does it go into parking mode? does it go into parking mode after no movement for a while?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

Yes, the dashcam will enter parking mode when detecting no motions for 5 minutes. You can only use our original car charger to connect the external battery pack without the HK3 hardwire kits.

peppe

Hello,

Yes, the dashcam will enter parking mode when detecting no motions for 5 minutes.
this is true only if it is active Parking motion detection??
I have set low bitrate but it takes a long time to enter parking mode. moreover, when it enters parking mode, it records on files 30 minutes long. the firmware is 2.2. I don't think this is normal

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
this is true only if it is active Parking motion detection??
I have set low bitrate but it takes a long time to enter parking mode. moreover, when it enters parking mode, it records on files 30 minutes long. the firmware is 2.2. I don't think this is normal
That’s normal. In low bitrate recording, the camera records 30 minutes to reduce the file storage.

peppe

That’s normal. In low bitrate recording, the camera records 30 minutes to reduce the file storage.
and why does it take a long time to enter parking mode? in previous firmware it entered parking mode after the car was stationary for about 3 minutes. now with 2.2 is this no longer the case? could you please inform me how it works specifically with firmware 2.2? even the question of 30 Min in lowbitrate we customers do not think we have been informed.

peppe

Is also set to a low bitrate?
yes

Did you set an Enter Parking Mode Timer? What's the exact time for the camera to enter parking mode?
I set "enter parkin mode timer" in 90 sec directly from the dashcam because this setting is not available in the application.
the minutes it took to enter parking mode with firmware 2.2 I could not determine it. I also waited about 10 minutes but it did not enter parking mode. then I abandoned the car and on my return I found it in parking mode.

I also found something even more serious. does not exit the parking mode when the car starts moving, I have traveled about 10 km .... never exited the parking mode.

I don't use the parking kit and I'm not going to use it, I use a power supply guaranteed by a power bank.

the firmware 2.2 is not so right in my case,

Do you have any suggestions?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
yes

I set "enter parkin mode timer" in 90 sec directly from the dashcam because this setting is not available in the application.
the minutes it took to enter parking mode with firmware 2.2 I could not determine it. I also waited about 10 minutes but it did not enter parking mode. then I abandoned the car and on my return I found it in parking mode.

I also found something even more serious. does not exit the parking mode when the car starts moving, I have traveled about 10 km .... never exited the parking mode.

I don't use the parking kit and I'm not going to use it, I use a power supply guaranteed by a power bank.

the firmware 2.2 is not so right in my case,

Do you have any suggestions?
We suggest you download the previous firmware version. May I know what's the previous firmware version? I can provide the firmware file for you!

If the parking mode works well with the previous firmware, we'll make a check on V2.2