How looping works?

pake

I want to understand how looping works. I though it starts overwriting the oldest date video file with the new one if the sd card is full. Mine seems to overwrite for the current day when the card is full but the next day it overwrites the previous day instead of the oldest video file. So while I will always have today's video file I will not always have the previous day unless I format the sd card again. Can anyone help?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

May I know which brand is of your SD card? Generally, we recommend you use a high-quality UHS-I U1/U3 or above rating microSD card with 64G or 128G of Samsung, VIOFO, or Transcend high endurance series.

You can also try to format your SD card as the below link:
How to format the microSD card? : VIOFO Support Center

pake

I don't think it is the SD card. It seems to be doing it's memory storage function fine. What I need to know first is how the looping is supposed to work when the SD card is full? It works fine until the SD card is full. It seems to be making the wrong decision on what file to overwrite.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it is the SD card. It seems to be doing it's memory storage function fine. What I need to know first is how the looping is supposed to work when the SD card is full? It works fine until the SD card is full. It seems to be making the wrong decision on what file to overwrite.
The oldest clip file will be overwritten by the latest one when the card's storage reaches the limit.

Could you share a screenshot of the clip file? Please try to reset the dashcam.

We also suggest you observe if the file's created time is normal. Because the dashcam's initial time is wrong. When you receive it and change it to your local time zone, the dashcam may not identify this.

Last edited: