In correct time stamp

Addy

Though the a129 pro duo syncs up with the mobile and shows correct time in the videos but in the sd card all the videos are getting saved with the same date and time which manually added on day 1. tried formatting the card but still the same issues. Any suggestions?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Addy, do you mean the date and time of the dashcam can't update automatically after you adjusted them manually? Unless you adjust them again? Could you share the screenshots of the Phone video files list and the SD card video files list?

bq966

Though the a129 pro duo syncs up with the mobile and shows correct time in the videos but in the sd card all the videos are getting saved with the same date and time which manually added on day 1. tried formatting the card but still the same issues. Any suggestions?
I'm having the same issues. It records in the 12 hours in the future!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I'm having the same issues. It records in the 12 hours in the future!
I'd like to know if the files' time appears in sequence with the 12 hours early.

Please check the setting menu to see if you set the right local time in the Date/Time and Time Zone.

bq966

I'd like to know if the files' time appears in sequence with the 12 hours early.

Please check the setting menu to see if you set the right local time in the Date/Time and Time Zone.
So- I checked this morning. You are unable to adjust the time within the phone app. Syncing time with phone doesn't work. You must set the time manually on the camera itself.

Capture Your Action

So- I checked this morning. You are unable to adjust the time within the phone app. Syncing time with phone doesn't work. You must set the time manually on the camera itself.
If your using GPS, then you just need to turn GPS on in the menu and set the time zone offset to your area. Time and date will update when GPS gets signal.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
If your using GPS, then you just need to turn GPS on in the menu and set the time zone offset to your area.
Agreed! You can try this method and have a look.
Syncing time with phone doesn't work.
Please check if the APP's version is the latest. On Android phones, the version is V3.18. And iPhone has V2.1.4

Last edited:

bq966

Agreed!

I am using GPS, GPS is turned on in the menu. Time zone was set to offset to my location. Time stamps was +12 hours in the future. When I used the camera settings on the actual device, the date was one day ahead of the the current day. Setting the actual date/time on the camera instead of using the phone app corrected this issue.
Please check if the APP's version is the latest. On Android phones, the version is V3.18. And iPhone has V2.1.4
Yes, Android app version is v3.1.8. You cannot set the date/time via the phone app. The time sync is not working via the phone app.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Android app version is v3.1.8. You cannot set the date/time via the phone app. The time sync is not working via the phone app.
The setting of "Date/Time" is the same as "Time Synchronization". You just click it once, then a window saying "Are you sure you want to sync with phone" will pop up. And you choose "ok" to confirm.

Don't forget to set the time zone to daylight saving time.

Last edited:

Eric S. Zipp

I shot myself in the foot by 'missetting' the GPS offset... looked up the offset for Dallas, TX and it was "-5"... so what did I enter?... "+5" (it was first in the drop-down list <sigh>).

Setting it to "-5" made everything right in the world... ;)

SuperCurro

My Camera was in sync with the telephone, and with GMT +1 that is correct... but VIOFO doesn't have summer time, so during summer you have to set GMT +2 (one hour more) if not when syncs with GPS you will have one hour less in the metadata.