Intermittent Parking Mode

Dario1101

Hello everyone, I just bought a Viofo A119 V3 and am loving it so far! Excellent quality when driving.

I am trying out the parking mode features with a power bank I have in my car. Perhaps I will hardwire the camera someday, but I want to work out the kinks with parking mode first.

I seem to be having an issue with parking mode. I currently have it set to the following options:

Resolution: 2160 x 1440 at 30 FPS
Bitrate: Medium
Loop Recording: 10 minutes
Video Format: MP4
-
-
Parking Mode: Time Lapse 5 FPS
Parking Mode Event Timer: 90 seconds
Parking Mode Recording Duration: 12 hours
Parking G-sensor: Medium sensitivity
Parking Motion Detection: Medium sensitivity
Time-Lapse Recording: Off
Motion Detection: Off
-
-
Firmware Version: Version 2.4, build 20210303

When I have it plugged into my power bank, it would first record the standard 10-minute recording, as if I were driving, then eventually it would turn on the parking mode time-lapse and would record at a rate of about an hour per 5 minutes of video. However, whenever something would come near the camera, it would act as if motion detection kicked in and stops the time-lapse and instead records a regular video. After a few minutes of no activity, the camera then goes back to a time-lapse, but then again, anytime something gets in the frame, it records normally. It's kind of annoying seeing like 50 videos from the night before, and some of them are in a time-lapse, and others are in a regular video.

Is this an intended feature of parking mode? I would like to have it be a time-lapse the whole time and only record an actual video whenever the g-motion sensor video feature gets tripped. Is there any way to make this happen? Thanks everyone for the replies!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Did you try low sensitivity in Parking Motion Detection?

Capture Your Action

If you don't want it to ever leave parking mode while the car is parked and off, you will need the HK3 3-wire hardwire kit. Lowering the parking mode motion detection sensitivity will certainly help, but if your parking where there is a lot of movement, it can still trigger the camera to come out of parking mode.

Dario1101

Hello,

Did you try low sensitivity in Parking Motion Detection?
I have not, but I should!

I tested the "time-lapse" mode today and it works great! Recorded an hour time in a ten-minute video. Didn't use as much battery or storage space as the parking mode does. I wish there was a quicker way to turn it from time-lapse mode to normal driving mode, though I guess I'm just being nitpicky haha!

Though I'll go ahead and try the driving mode with parking mode detection on low. Let's see how it turns out.

HaRd

I have the same problem with the V2.5 software (A119V3) And pretty much the same settings as OP with the one mentions that the Parking Motion Detection is set to Low Sensitivity and it still doesn't help.. Leaving the car in a mall parking lot for about 2 hours it recorded only 2 time-lapses of like 5 minutes worth of real-time events.. the rest normal high-quality videos.. Very disappointing since the quality and everything is top notch. Is there or could there be any change to complete disable this 'Parking Motion Detection' and use (as suggested by op) the G-Sensor?
only record an actual video whenever the g-motion sensor video feature gets tripped.
Will this be solved with the HK3 3-wire hardwire kit? But it's very upsetting since it could be fixed with a software teak..

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Use only the G-sensor to detect is also not a good option, it may not record will while something happened. You can use the time lapse recording, the file size is much less.