Motion detection in parking mode

Mudwin

It would be nice to set auto event detection, using just the G sensor. I live on a busy main road and with motion detection on low, my memory card is full of hours of cars going past till voltage cutoff. There seems to be a few posts for previous cameras versions, about people wanting to be able to turn off motion detection in parking mode. Is this something that Viofo is listening to? Is that coming in the near future? An update to turn off motion detection in parking mode and have it just use G sensor for busy areas would be great.

Am I correct in thinking the two beeps when starting the vehicle whilst its in parking mode, is notification of events? The camera produces a RO folder for first 10-15 mins after turning off the engine and then it puts the rest of the P files into the main folder. When looking at the files on the pc there is the odd minute here and there that it doesn't pick up anything to record... (so much for reduced lockdown traffic lol). Last thing I want is to trawl the noumerous P files for non events