New Samsung Pro Endurance Card Possibly Faulty.

AlanHo

I just took delivery of two Samsung 128 GB Pro Endurance cards (Purchased directly from Samsung UK to avoid fakes). They are to replace some 64 GB Integral cards in my front and rear A119V3 dashcams. One of the cards is causing (either) camera to stop recording and it starts a new file despite being deep formatted with SD Formatter

Both of the new Samsung cards were formatted in the camera before use. One of the new Samsung cards will not write a video file in either camera – the other card is fine. I have tried deep formatting the grumpy card but it has not had any effect.

Out of curiosity I installed the Crystal Speed check on my windows PC and ran the tests on both cards. I am an amateur and don’t know what speeds are acceptable – but the grumpy card seems to be very slow which probably accounts for the problem. Hence I have returned it to Samsung for a replacement.

I would welcome comments.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

According to your description, it seems the SD card's issue. We recommend you reflect on this problem with Samsung UK. They may help you with this.

You also can download the h2testw tool to test if your card is defective. The download link is below:

AlanHo

Hello,

According to your description, it seems the SD card's issue. We recommend you reflect on this problem with Samsung UK. They may help you with this.

You also can download the h2testw tool to test if your card is defective. The download link is below:

View attachment 956
Thank you for your response but you will see in my original post that I did indeed format the cards in the camera before use - even after using the SD Formatter app to deep format the grumpy card on my computer. I also bought an identical new card and returned the faulty card to Samsung who gave me a full refund.

Hence the problem was resolved a month ago and both dash cams are now working fine.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your response but you will see in my original post that I did indeed format the cards in the camera before use - even after using the SD Formatter app to deep format the grumpy card on my computer. I also bought an identical new card and returned the faulty card to Samsung who gave me a full refund.

Hence the problem was resolved a month ago and both dash cams are now working fine.
Glad to hear that! Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions about the product!