No parking mode connection with 3 wire hardwire kit ?

Do It Yourself

Hi, I connect my A129 Duo with Viofo's 3 wire hardwire kit to a acc fuse (only power on with ignation), I conntect acc and battery wire (yellow and red) together. This wiring causes the camera not start automaticly some times like this (https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/camera-doesn’t-always-come-on.26503/). So I tried camera today with Viofo's usb adaptor (without 3 wire hardwire kit) and there is not a problem.

My question how I use 3 wire hardwire kit without wiring the battery cable to a constant power fuse, because I don't want to use parking mode, I want to this camera is only works when I Am turn on the ignation and shut down when I turn of the ignation.

this issue is releted to my wiring (yellow and red together) ? if this is the reason how can I solve this? Thank you in advance for your helps.

benkar

Hi, I connect my A129 Duo with Viofo's 3 wire hardwire kit to a acc fuse (only power on with ignation), I conntect acc and battery wire (yellow and red) together. This wiring causes the camera not start automaticly some times like this (https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/camera-doesn’t-always-come-on.26503/). So I tried camera today with Viofo's usb adaptor (without 3 wire hardwire kit) and there is not a problem.

My question how I use 3 wire hardwire kit without wiring the battery cable to a constant power fuse, because I don't want to use parking mode, I want to this camera is only works when I Am turn on the ignation and shut down when I turn of the ignation.

this issue is releted to my wiring (yellow and red together) ? if this is the reason how can I solve this? Thank you in advance for your helps.
Yes, this could be the reason for the malfunction of the hardwire kit. Why not set the set as it should be - red cable to constant current and yellow to ACC? You can turn off the camera manually either by pressing the camera button or by pulling out the power connector. Or use a USB socket with a switch. Something like this:

Attachments

Last edited:

Do It Yourself

Yes, this could be the reason for the malfunction of the hardwire kit. Why not set the set as it should be - red cable to constant current and yellow to ACC? You can turn off the camera manually either by pressing the camera button or by pulling out the power connector. Or use a USB socket with a switch. Something like this:

Thank you for advise, but when I was buy the hw kit I think parking mode should be good, now I don’t want bacause of wasted storage and battery health reasans.

If any body can’t halp about solve this issue with this wiring style, I will plan to cutting hardwire controller and wiring to directy camara with soldering a cigarette adapter card. I hope maybe a there are a solution like modifying hw kit controller (inside the box)

benkar

Thank you for advise, but when I was buy the hw kit I think parking mode should be good, now I don’t want bacause of wasted storage and battery health reasans.

If any body can’t halp about solve this issue with this wiring style, I will plan to cutting hardwire controller and wiring to directy camara with soldering a cigarette adapter card. I hope maybe a there are a solution like modifying hw kit controller (inside the box)
I guess I did not understand your problem properly. I thought you did not want to use the parking mode at all. If I do not want to use the parking mode, I set the parking mode to off in the camera. If I want to use it, I set one of the more parking mode options in the camera. This way I can choose if the camera automatically turns off or not when the car is switched off. When starting (turning on the ignition), the camera automatically starts in the standard recording mode.

GilesP

The simplest solution would be to install as recommended, and as Benkar suggests above, disable parking mode on the camera configuration - if you're concerned about the car battery health, set the voltage cutoff to the highest value, which means the hardwire kit will disconnect the camera power at a much higher voltage threshold.

Capture Your Action

If you leave the connections as they are and power the camera through the mount and not the camera, I believe it will work the way you want it to.

Do It Yourself

Thank you everyone for helps, I solved problem.

Wired red (battery) cable to a constant power fuse kl30 (for bmw f30 safest fuse F160 “electric damper control” I don’t have this option”) and yellow (acc) cable to a ignation fuse kl15 (for bmw f30 f143 “electric damper” but this fuse only activate with ignation 2 position)

And powered directly camera socket (not the mount because when power the mount camera not shut down, yes every time running) but this wiring is solved my problem, now dash cam opening with ingation position 2 and closing after 5 second whren shut down ignation.

And I measured to consuption when the camera on 275mA and camera not working 1mA. I believe 1mA is not cause a problem. Maybe it is only tolerance of my multimeter or hw kit’s wire cutter.

Capture Your Action

And powered directly camera socket (not the mount because when power the mount camera not shut down, yes every time running)
If you had both the red and yellow wire connected together and tapped into an accessory fuse, then the camera could not have kept recording as it wouldn't have any power. I assume you are referring to connecting to the mount after you already separated the wires and tapped the red wire into an always live fuse? Had you left the wires connected together and tapped into a accessory fuse, and powered through the mount, then the camera should have shut down every time you turned the car off.
Glad you got things working as you like.

Do It Yourself

Had you left the wires connected together and tapped into a accessory fuse, and powered through the mount, then the camera should have shut down every time you turned the car off.

I think this wiring method makes sense. But it is not working for me. Camera shut down successfully when turned the car off but not opening some times when turned the car on.

I this reasen is safety wire cutter cuts power because for a long time without power. And after turned the car on dash cam thinks battery was drained and power was cutted so it is not start (it is waiting to user for start manuely).

speed_Freakz

Did you ever solve this problem?

I don't have any constant fuses on, only ones that turn on on ignition..and I already bought a 3 wire hardwire kit.
How to wire it so it turns on when the ignition is on? I don't care about parking mode.