No Video recording

Stripey

Have only just got this camera a few days ago and it has worked beautifully but today I went out and parked in the sun and today it is around 30c +
When I got home and checked the files there was no video after I had stopped at the location in the sun.
Could it be a heat problem ?we have hot days most of the time all mid 20c and above.
I am thinking about taking the camera off the screen when parked in the open .
I do not use any of the parking modes.
The camera is mounted on the G.P.S. mount also.

Stripey

If your not using parking mode, how are you powering the camera when the car is off?
I am not powering the camera when the car is off due to the many posts about problems with Parking mode.I switch the power off when parked then switch back on when starting again.When I took the camera off the G.P.S.mount it was very hot .

Capture Your Action

Have only just got this camera a few days ago and it has worked beautifully but today I went out and parked in the sun and today it is around 30c +
When I got home and checked the files there was no video after I had stopped at the location in the sun.
When you say you "parked", were you still in the car with it running? If so, it's unlikely a heat issue as if you were in the car and it was that hot, you would have had the AC on or windows open, which is enough to keep the camera cool enough.

Stripey

When you say you "parked", were you still in the car with it running? If so, it's unlikely a heat issue as if you were in the car and it was that hot, you would have had the AC on or windows open, which is enough to keep the camera cool enough.
No I was not in the car and the motor was off and all windows closed and the car locked.The sun was right above so no shade either.I will be out again tomorrow and will have the car parked facing away from the sun for a few hours so will advise what happens because I don't think the camera will get as hot although the internal heat might get close.

Capture Your Action

Sorry, I guess I don't understand when exactly the camera wasn't recording when you thought it should be. If it isn't powered while your parked, then it isn't recording. Are you saying it didn't start up when you got back to your car to drive again?

Stripey

Sorry, I guess I don't understand when exactly the camera wasn't recording when you thought it should be. If it isn't powered while your parked, then it isn't recording. Are you saying it didn't start up when you got back to your car to drive again?
I am sure it did start but tomorrow will tell I hope.