ODB2 option?

Champ198

Is there a current OBD2 port option to power the A139 for park mode? It seems like a great idea.

cat2devnull

I'm no expert but I don't believe that the OBD2 port has a pin for ACC so there would be no way for the camera to know if the ignition was on or off so no ability to enable park mode.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

A139 can enable the parking mode by OBD2 after 5 mins if the app can't detect the motion.

carbonblackfun

Hello,

A139 can enable the parking mode by OBD2 after 5 mins if the app can't detect the motion.
No, the A139 doesn't enable park mode using OBD2 even if it is parked in front of a wall with absolutely no motion. I have tested this and have posted a thread related to the same

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Some aftermarket OBD cables will have a permanent ACC signal. We will develop our own OBD cable.

carbonblackfun

Some aftermarket OBD cables will have a permanent ACC signal. We will develop our own OBD cable.
If you can please tell us how long are we looking at before the Viofo OBD cable is available to buy. If not soon enough, can you please recommend an aftermarket OBD cable that will work for now? I have tried 3 different brands of OBD cables and they let other dash cams I use enter parking mode just fine but not the A139

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
If you can please tell us how long are we looking at before the Viofo OBD cable is available to buy. If not soon enough, can you please recommend an aftermarket OBD cable that will work for now? I have tried 3 different brands of OBD cables and they let other dash cams I use enter parking mode just fine but not the A139
Sorry to tell you our own OBD cable will not be released shortly. And we're not sure the present OBD cables in the market can support parking monitoring.