Parking Mode issues, I think?

jrg24

I am having issues with parking mode. I believe I have set the camera up to be in auto event detection mode, with a parking recorder timer of 1 hour. My goal of choosing these settings is that, when the car is turned off, the camera will automatically go into parking mode on auto event mode. It would stay on auto event mode for one hour. After one hour, it would turn off. The functionality, then would be that in the first hour a recording would only occur if an event occurs to trigger a recording. If something happens after one hour, then no video would be recorded. Is my understanding of these setting correct? Do my setting below look correct to accomplish this?

My issue is it appears I am getting recordings the entire time I am in parking mode (back to back two minute videos). As you can see from my settings below, all motion detection and sensors are either off or are on low. Do you think updating firmware will help with this?

I have the A129 plus duo. I am using the HK3 wiring kit. I have not updated firmware yet. The front camera is version 1.1 and the rear is 1.0_20201112. My setting are as follows:

Live video source: front overlaid
loop recording: 2 min
WPR: off
Exposure: EV front
Parking Mode: Auto Event Detect
Enter parking mode timer: off
Parking recording timer: 1 hour
parking g sensor: low
parking motion detection: low
time lapse recording: off
motion detection: off
gps: on
g sensor: low

Capture Your Action

Are you sure the camera is entering parking mode? Do you see the icon of a stickman in the top left of the lcd screen while in parking mode?

jrg24

No, it is not entering parking mode. I found your reply to another thread here. I will use that thread to confirm correct wiring and will respond if I still have issues. I was fairly certain I selected the correct fuses, but I may have been wrong.

Thanks.