Parking Mode only keeps the last 200 or so video clips

thomas-dash

JGKenyon

It’s storing more than 200 files now, but the wifi is broken. The unit is no longer broadcasting a SSID. I even tried manually typing in the SSID and password, but my phone couldn’t connect to the wifi.
For what it's worth, I was having the same exact problem with the 200 Parking file limit on my A129 Pro Duo. I installed this firmware and that took care of the 200 Parking file limit for me as well. AND, my unit stopped broadcasting an SSID when Wifi was turned on as well!

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Please send me a pm of your dashcams' serial number. You can find it on the camera's back when you slide the front camera out of the GPS mount. Thanks!

JGKenyon

As I stated above, I too was having this problem with my A129 Pro Duo only saving 200 Parking Mode videos. I installed the firmware above, and while it did fix the "200-video" problem, it also stopped transmitting the SSID when I turned on the wifi, just like what happened to Thomas-Dash above.

Here's the thing. I was already having problems with my iPhone connecting to the wifi on my A129 Pro Duo (I discussed that in this thread: https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/cannot-connect-iphone-12-pro-max-to-wifi-on-a129-pro-duo.27753/). That's the unit I installed the above firmware on. I have since gotten a replacement A129 Pro Duo, and the replacement solved my wifi problem. My iPhone connects to the wifi perfectly on this replacement unit. However, the replacement unit has the SAME 200-file limit on Parking Mode videos. I'm afraid to try the above firmware on this unit, because I'm afraid it will knock out the SSID transmission on this one as well. I have not touched the firmware on this replacement unit at all. The firmware currently installed on this replacement unit is version 2.4, Build 20210521. Is there a firmware for the A129 Pro Duo that fixes the 200-file Parking Mode video problem without killing the wifi SSID transmission? Thanks!

I really shouldn't be having all these problems with a brand new dash cam! And I'm really glad I purchased a 3-year warranty for this dash cam through Amazon!

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
As I stated above, I too was having this problem with my A129 Pro Duo only saving 200 Parking Mode videos. I installed the firmware above, and while it did fix the "200-video" problem, it also stopped transmitting the SSID when I turned on the wifi, just like what happened to Thomas-Dash above.

Here's the thing. I was already having problems with my iPhone connecting to the wifi on my A129 Pro Duo (I discussed that in this thread: https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/cannot-connect-iphone-12-pro-max-to-wifi-on-a129-pro-duo.27753/). That's the unit I installed the above firmware on. I have since gotten a replacement A129 Pro Duo, and the replacement solved my wifi problem. My iPhone connects to the wifi perfectly on this replacement unit. However, the replacement unit has the SAME 200-file limit on Parking Mode videos. I'm afraid to try the above firmware on this unit, because I'm afraid it will knock out the SSID transmission on this one as well. I have not touched the firmware on this replacement unit at all. The firmware currently installed on this replacement unit is version 2.4, Build 20210521. Is there a firmware for the A129 Pro Duo that fixes the 200-file Parking Mode video problem without killing the wifi SSID transmission? Thanks!

I really shouldn't be having all these problems with a brand new dash cam! And I'm really glad I purchased a 3-year warranty for this dash cam through Amazon!

View attachment 1172
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We're making firmware to fix the two problems. It may take a couple of days to be done. I'll keep you informed as it's released.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Sorry to tell you that this firmware would be released delay. As we just spent a 7-day holiday. Expect your understanding!