Parking mode

Bart

Does parking mode work as long as there is power ?
The parking mode is only briefely explained in the manual and I'd like to know how it works.
Example: If there is verry little movement in the camera's FOV and the GPS speed is 0 Km/Mph ?

Thanks for making a great product!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it works if there is a continuous power input. It use motion detection to detect.

In parking mode, it record as time-lapse.
If motion detected, it will switch to normal recording.

nana

Do you have a hardwire kit for A129 on parking mode ?
I own A129 is an excellent camera but it is missing a permanent VCC on kit with ACC detection, if not available it is compatible with other hardwire kits available like the ones for Mini08 series ?!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The hardwire kits for A129 is still under testing, it will be released soon, it support ACC detection.

nana

I need a timeframe for the release date ?! Soon can mean 1 month or next year !
Thank you, depend on that I will take the decision on installing the camera or wait for the kit.

Bart

Hi, nana,

What I have done for now is leading the powercable trough the glovebox.
In the glovebox i have a 15000mA powerbank for when I park in a "high risk" place.
When I'm driving I plug the usb cable from the glovebox in a "sigaret lighter" usb charger of the car (most of the time).
I'ts not a install and forget option as you are looking for, but can help you in the meanwhile.

I honestly think there is not going to be an automatic switch from parking mode to normal mode with the "comming" permanent VCC kit.

But it would be awesome if it is going to, Viofo!
Or at least an option that automatically detects when the car is not moving to switch to parking mode, and when driving switch to normal mode, so no manually setting is needed and no footage is lost.

KLEE

Yes, it works if there is a continuous power input. It use motion detection to detect.

In parking mode, it record as time-lapse.
If motion detected, it will switch to normal recording.
Can you clarify if the 5 second lag when the switch is made will be eliminated? If so, when?

KLEE

Hi, nana,

I honestly think there is not going to be an automatic switch from parking mode to normal mode with the "comming" permanent VCC kit.

REgarding above, can Viofo clarify? I am looking to purchaes and would like to know.

VIOFO-Swin

Can you clarify if the 5 second lag when the switch is made will be eliminated? If so, when?
We suggest to use low bitrate recording to avoid gaps between normal recording and parking mode recording.