Problem about Installing the 3 Wire Parking Kit, Help.

guyshuster007

Hi everyone,
I have A129 and just installed the 3 wire kit as described. ACC power to after switch fuse, Battery to always power battery fuse, and Ground.
I turned the switche at the 3 wire box to 12V/24V.
And Turned On the parking Mode.
The camera still works as before, it dose not record when i switch the engine Off.
I dont understand whts wrong.
Please Help.
Guy

Attachments

KPB

To use the parking mode, make sure the power plug is plugged directly into the camera, NOT the GPS mount. (The GPS logging will still work btw) Make sure you check your settings on the camera. Log into the camera via wifi with your phone and then double check that parking mode is enabled, motion detection or bit rate is set to on, and G sensor is on and set to low. Go back in 30 minutes and check the files on the camera to see if it's recorded anything.
The switch on the box is to cut-off at different voltages, not 12/24v. This saves the battery from draining too much. Initially try the 12 volt setting.
Did you test that the battery connection (red wire) to the fuse box is indeed powered after installation with a tester with the car off?

peachumz

To use the parking mode, make sure the power plug is plugged directly into the camera, NOT the GPS mount. (The GPS logging will still work btw) Make sure you check your settings on the camera. Log into the camera via wifi with your phone and then double check that parking mode is enabled, motion detection or bit rate is set to on, and G sensor is on and set to low. Go back in 30 minutes and check the files on the camera to see if it's recorded anything.
The switch on the box is to cut-off at different voltages, not 12/24v. This saves the battery from draining too much. Initially try the 12 volt setting.
Did you test that the battery connection (red wire) to the fuse box is indeed powered after installation with a tester with the car off?
I thought the point of the GPS power port was to power the GPS as well as the A129? Have VIOFO changed something in the last firmware update?