random beeps

Lior Aloni

Hi
My A129 in the middle of the ride starts beeping for no reason. Why does it do it? how can I stop it?
Lior

Capture Your Action

What firmware version are you on?

There is a firmware bug that is causing similar issues across the A129 series. Some memory cards seem unaffected though, which is odd.

What memory card are you using?

Lior Aloni

I am using SanDisk NEW 16GB 32GB 64GB Ultra A1 Micro SD SDHC Card 98MB/s UHS-I C10 Adapter

Capture Your Action

The Sandisk Ultra A1 probably isn't the best choice in the A129 Pro, but it's not necessarily the cause of the beeps. The Samsung EVO Select (Amazon only) or Samsung EVO Plus would be better choices.

The firmware version is listed in the camera setting.

Capture Your Action

Honestly, I doubt it. There are many reports of random beeping in V1.9 as well, including myself. However, the beeping does not occur with any of my cameras when using the Samsung EVO Select or EVO plus cards. I get beeping with the SanDisk Ultra A1 cards as well as the Viofo cards. Other users say they experience beeping with the Samsung cards, so not sure why some have the issue and others don’t, while using the same brand/model card.
I would try one of the Samsung cards, though I would still update. See link below for update instructions.

Lior Aloni

There were no instructions to buy the Samsung card. I have spent money to buy a good SanDisk card. Now I should pay more money to fix the bug? and as you say it may not even fix it. Can you please send me a Samsung card to try to fix the problem? I invested good money on Viofo to get the best camera available, and these beeps ruin all the experience.

Mudwin

Just incase this helps narrow down the random beeps... I've only recently turn on the beeps and apart from today only heard the startup. Randomly I had three occasions of double beeping. Just two beeps then it stopped each time. Looking at the files it seems to create a small third time stamp file. By that I mean you get the front and back file, plus a smaller file with the same time as the front and back files (see attached screen print). The front and back recording play back fine and appear to be normal. The third file plays for about a second. It is the last second recorded from the front camera file. I looked back through the memory and found other instances of the third file being created.

dorukhanalev

g at the files it seems to create a small third time stamp file. By that I mean you get the front and back file, plus a smaller file with the same time as the front and back files (see attached screen print). The front and back recording play back fine and appear to be normal. The third file plays for about a second. It is the last second recorded from the fro
Same Here

Mudwin

I seem to get more random (two beeps) occurrences when starting the engine with parking mode recording. I can't see the camera screen as its behind rear view mirror, except for the flashing record and the car symbol at the top. So if the beep is accompanied with a screen notification, I'll never see it. At first I thought it was notification of an event in parking mode. Previously the memory card had created an extra "RO" folder, which held lots of "P" files. But today's two beeps, happened twice, but with no extra folder created on the card. The card had just a nice mixture of normal and P recorded files as I'd expect.
Today, I did notice the three files for the same time stamp present, (as described on 11th May above). Which made me think maybe the beeps and the third file are connected to other issues on the forum.
I did read someone mentioning that they couldn't get the front camera to play back full length file, but the rear played fine. If I watch the smaller sized front file, which is the third file on same time stamp, it only plays for about a second. Dashcam viewer continues to play the full rear file, whilst giving a blanc screen for the front after that smaller file ends. Maybe thats what they've experienced by selecting the smaller front (3rd) file instead of the first front file? Just a thought.

Capture Your Action

I seem to get more random (two beeps) occurrences when starting the engine with parking mode recording. I can't see the camera screen as its behind rear view mirror, except for the flashing record and the car symbol at the top. So if the beep is accompanied with a screen notification, I'll never see it. At first I thought it was notification of an event in parking mode. Previously the memory card had created an extra "RO" folder, which held lots of "P" files. But today's two beeps, happened twice, but with no extra folder created on the card. The card had just a nice mixture of normal and P recorded files as I'd expect.
Today, I did notice the three files for the same time stamp present, (as described on 11th May above). Which made me think maybe the beeps and the third file are connected to other issues on the forum.
I did read someone mentioning that they couldn't get the front camera to play back full length file, but the rear played fine. If I watch the smaller sized front file, which is the third file on same time stamp, it only plays for about a second. Dashcam viewer continues to play the full rear file, whilst giving a blanc screen for the front after that smaller file ends. Maybe thats what they've experienced by selecting the smaller front (3rd) file instead of the first front file? Just a thought.
A few beeps just after starting your car is the camera coming out of parking mode and is normal.

dorukhanalev

I tried 1080p, 1440p, 4k, 4k 21:9, park mode on and off, exfat, fat32. Nothing happens diffrent.

If i do not format sd card beeping is not gone.