scrambled screen issue

ystokar

I have the A119V2 with the 1/3 scrambled frozen screen issue. Have tried updating firmware as well as resetting to default settings with no change. Any ideas before I get rid of it?

Capture Your Action

Try defaulting the cameras settings multiple times. This was a SDK issue that was fixed long ago.
What firmware version were you on when this happened and what firmware did you try to update to?

ystokar

In any case, i tried resetting to default settings 5+ times with no change. Only possible with SD card removed as when it's in i can't access menu...

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Try reloading the bootloader first, then reload the firmware.

Can you post a picture of what the screen looks like?

Capture Your Action

You should be able to recover from this. Strange that the above steps have not helped. Are you sure you have been loading the correct firmware? I assume you have checked the firmware version in the cameras menu after you updated it to make sure the new firmware actually loaded?

ystokar

Yes. The firmware now shows 4.01. I used the serial number in the back to determine camera model, it starts with A119V2G, so i used the A119V2 firmware

Capture Your Action

When powering the camera, are you using a USB wall charger? Don't use your computers USB ports.

Below is just one thread about this issue. Do a google search if you have not already and you'll find more.

One thing to try is to re-seat the image sensor ribbon cable inside. If I remember correctly, some had success doing this when we were still trying to understand the issue.

ystokar

using wall charger only. Tried re-connecting ribbon cable. still no luck...