Setting The Time, With GPS & Without GPS

gapi

I have been getting my time stamps mixed up so I need some guidance.
Does the GPS override the manual time setting?

Am I correct in saying if my GPS = On, and my GMT is selected, the manual time setup is ignored?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
If yo enabled the GPS, it will sync with GPS time and ignore the manual time, don't forget to set right time zone.

gapi

Thank you, I did figure out if you do both, set it manually, and enable GPS it will cause issues. So if you have the GPS mount leave the manual set up alone.

gapi

Go into your GMT (Greenwich Mean Time ) settings and choose +1.

peachumz

I'm GMT+12 which I have set and it sets the time almost correctly but is an hour out due to daylight saving. Neither the GPS or Viofo seem to be able to tell which country I'm in and so how to set the correct time.

Interestingly, the App says "Sync with Phone" not GPS and when I did this the first file I recorded was one our ahead of the others.

Even more interestingly, the timestamp in the file names are all 1 hour behind the actual timestamp recorded against the file.

gapi

I had similar when I was first setting up. I had to reset the cam to default, and not touch manual time setup, not select sync with phone, and just enable GPS. I think my gmt time was one digit off and I adjusted it and have no issues now.

peachumz

Go into your GMT (Greenwich Mean Time ) settings and choose +1.
Coming back here to post my solution, I realised what you meant earlier. It's all syncing correctly from GPS at GMT+12 but its one hour out because of daylight saving. So I had to set it to GMT+13 to get the time right and when we come back out, I will have to set it back to GMT+12 again.

Unless of course @viofo learn how to extract the daylight saving setting from the GPS info which would be far more 21st Century :)