The famous psrking mode!

Yves Sabourin

Hi!
I got my Viofo 119 V3 for about a year without 3 wire kit so without parking mode, so last week I decided to install the hardwire kit then configure the Parking mode, so after two days, I realise it record all the time what I dont want to save the battery power.
  • Somebody can explain to me how should I setup the menu so the cam record only when an impact is detected?
  • Then how the rec led should be in this mode, solid or blinking?
  • Finally, when it setup correctly, with a car battery in good shape, how long the camrra could be in parking mode? In the Auto evdnt detect, is thst mode consume a lot of power or something like a alarm system?
Thank you

guy30000

I left it on for an hour after and got constant full video. Tried standard parking mode and time lapse. I connected my Acc to an Acc fuse (Verified non-constant) and taped directly into my ignition wire as my car has no constants inside the vehicle. It just stay recording normally the whole time. I even removed the Acc fuse connection leaving only the constant which should defiantly trigger parking mode.
Is there something I am missing here? Is there an indication when you go into parking mode? For example when acc power is cut is there something that would appear on the display? When you reconnect is their in indicator?

Capture Your Action

I left it on for an hour after and got constant full video. Tried standard parking mode and time lapse. I connected my Acc to an Acc fuse (Verified non-constant) and taped directly into my ignition wire as my car has no constants inside the vehicle. It just stay recording normally the whole time. I even removed the Acc fuse connection leaving only the constant which should defiantly trigger parking mode.
Is there something I am missing here? Is there an indication when you go into parking mode? For example when acc power is cut is there something that would appear on the display? When you reconnect is their in indicator?
When parking mode is on in the settings, then there will be a car icon on the lcd screen in the top left. When the camera enters parking mode, then the car icon will change to the icon of the chosen parking mode. For low bit rate, it changes to a camera icon.
How old if the camera? Are you powering the camera directly or through the GPS mount? Try directly if your now powering through the mount.

dashcalamity

Are the video files created when ACC is off labelled with P (for park)?

I have the below settings with A129 powered through gps mount. If rain is falling on windshield or breeze sways tree branches it will trigger recording.

• Parking mode: Auto event detection
  • Parking recording timer: 24 hours
  • Parking G-sensor: high
  • Parking motion detection: medium
  • Motion detection: off
  • G-sensor: low