Timer to turn off during Parking mode

sakchai_k

Hi,
I'm ok with parking mode with voltage setting on hardwire kits.
However I only used my car during weekends and it means my battery will always at the low limit of voltage setting when I use my car.

Is there a way to set a timer e.g. 10 hrs and then the dash cam in parking mode will turn off regardless the battery level?
So the parking mode is useful when I park my car outside during the weekend and it's not always necessary to fully drain by battery to low limit during weekdays when I park my car at home.

In BlackVue, I think you can set this timer in Power Magic Pro. I understand there's no setting in Viofo hardwire kit so, would that be possible to implement this setting in next firmware?

Capture Your Action

The latest beta for the A129 has a parking mode timer, but not sure if the latest A129 Pro beta, V1.7T, has this timer or not. Try the V1.7T beta and see if the timer is there. If not, I would expect to see it in the next official firmware release.
For now, you can always manually power down the camera by pressing and holding the Menu button when you don't need parking mode and just want to camera to turn off.

sakchai_k

Hi,
Thanks for a work around. If I turn off, would the camera be automatically powered on next time I start the engine? or I have to do manually?

Just installed v1.7T and the timer option is there (A129 Pro). Good job Viofo. Hopefully they'll launch the formal version soon.

Capture Your Action

Yes, camera will start normally when car is restarted.

After you installed V1.7T, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu? You should also press and hold the reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. Do both of these things if you did not.