Updated Firmware to 2.4 on A129 Pro Duo - Now Cannot Connect WiFi to iPhone 11

menphis guy

Hello from Nashville, Tennessee!

We've been having some problems with our A129 Pro Duo in our 4Runner. We've had it installed via hardwire since January.

- Not recording consistently

- Yellow exclamation point icon randomly coming up on screen while we're driving (I think this is the icon that is supposed to come up when you push the button with the exclamation point, which is designed to prevent overwriting of the current video)

- Incorrect time stamp on videos and problems with time setting on camera, despite being connected to GPS and having the correct GMT setting (Central Standard Time - GMT-6)

So, in an effort to address these problems, I updated the firmware successfully to version 2.4.

But now, the problem is that I'm unable to connect my iPhone 11 to the unit via wifi. Before the update, I was able to connect with the 5G wifi with no issues.

Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

Capture Your Action

Adjust g-sensor for regular driving files. The ! means the g-sensor is getting triggered.

How far off is the time? Double check your timezone setting.

For WiFi issue, try using 2.4 setting. If that does not help, try turning cell data off, then connecting.

menphis guy

Adjust g-sensor for regular driving files. The ! means the g-sensor is getting triggered.

How far off is the time? Double check your timezone setting.

For WiFi issue, try using 2.4 setting. If that does not help, try turning cell data off, then connecting.
Thanks for your reply.

I’ll check the time zone setting - it was 12 hrs off. Yesterday, I sync’d the time with my phone before I updated software and was no longer able to connect. So I’ll see if it stays correct.

I will also try the 2.4 Ghz setting, but the 5 Ghz setting used to work just fine before updating software.

I’ll also check the g-sensor setting.

I’ve emailed VIOFO about these problems. When they respond, I’ll post up here with what we find out.

menphis guy

I finally found the problem.

When I updated firmware to v2.4, the camera reverted to the factory default password, which is 12345678.

After I discovered this, logging back in was no problem.