Upgrade?

TableMomentum

Hi all,

I purchased the a129 duo, my first ever dashcam in 2019. I'll start by saying that my experience with the dashcam is that the quality is nice, but my whole experience has been let down by very buggy software. Many advertised features simply just don't function properly. Like the latest buffered parking; it would activate when a person drove past or walked by, then 2 minutes later car drove by in the same lane and people walked by and it wouldn't activate. So I've always just left it on low bitrate. Tried every firmware.

Anyway, my question is.. I was thinking of buying another brand because the bugs are driving me crazy, and i want to be able to actually use the features and trust my parking mode to capture the moments that matter. But the a129 pro duo seems to offer good video quality compared to those more expensive ones. So my question is, is the a129 pro duo as much of a buggy mess as the a129 duo? Can I expect to actually use its features?

Thanks

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

For parking mode, we always recommend choosing low-bitrate recording that is the most reliable. Buffered parking mode can help capture the aftermath and the events leading up to an impact. But it would also cause other problems if it wasn't used in a suitable place or environment.

A129 Pro Duo is highly recommended if you prefer a high image quality. We also recommend you buy it from our official website. Please leave a remark " new batch" when placing the order. Then we'll dispatch the newly produced A129 Pro Duo dashcam for you.

MiamiC70

So what is special about the “new batch” vs. the Pro Duo’s we bought last year?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

The A129 Pro from new batches has a new Wi-Fi module to replace the module used in the previous months. Your A129 Pro that was produced last year doesn't have this problem.