Viofo A129 Duo Stuck on LOGO Screen "VIOFO"

dajtruo

Cam has been working fine up until about a week ago. It is stuck on the Logo screen everytime i start the car (have it hardwired with the hardwire kit). Tried updating firmware but i cant get past the logo screen.

any suggestions?

Capture Your Action

1) Unplug rear camera

2) Try powering without memory card inserted

3) Try powering with the USB wall charger that supplies at least 1A and the supplied short USB data cable. Don't use an Apple white cube USB charger.

Russ Butler

I had the same problem and the firmware fix worked. Howeve 6 weeks later it has happened again.

Absolute garbage.

tomrugar

Same problem with my unit. After trying to install the firmware again I still have the camera stuck on the boot screen.

1) Unplug rear camera

2) Try powering without memory card inserted

3) Try powering with the USB wall charger that supplies at least 1A and the supplied short USB data cable. Don't use an Apple white cube USB charger.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

tomrugar

Yeah, here is the answer!

And I'll also add one more method:

4) Try to update the firmware to V2.2 referring to this blog: VIOFO Firmware Update Guide Step-by-Step - VIOFO Official Website

You can have a troubleshoot by these steps.
I just did the provided steps, proceeded with firmware update using a 32GB micro SD can on FAT32 format. The dashcam starts showing the LED indicators that the Firmware was installed and after restarting the camera still remains on the Logo Screen.
I don't have plugged the GPS or the Rear Camera while doing these steps.

Please advice.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I just did the provided steps, proceeded with firmware update using a 32GB micro SD can on FAT32 format. The dashcam starts showing the LED indicators that the Firmware was installed and after restarting the camera still remains on the Logo Screen.
I don't have plugged the GPS or the Rear Camera while doing these steps.

Please advice.
Hello,

Did you try using reliable power such as a power bank or home socket to power on the dashcam?

We also suggest you try another card or just powering up the dashcam without a memory card inserted. In this way, you can test if it is caused by the card.

tomrugar

I tried with a power outlet of 5v 2.5A at home, with and without micro SD card. Switched SD cards with different sizes and brands of 32gb with no success. Might be a corrupted firmware. I let the dashcam discharge and it went off with the screen turning black slowly and the LED indicators for power and battery dimming down slowly.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I tried with a power outlet of 5v 2.5A at home, with and without micro SD card. Switched SD cards with different sizes and brands of 32gb with no success. Might be a corrupted firmware. I let the dashcam discharge and it went off with the screen turning black slowly and the LED indicators for power and battery dimming down slowly.
Hello,

We suppose your dashcam needs a repair. Please contact support@viofo.com. They will tell you the details about sending back and repairing.