Viofo App for iOS

PowerDriver

Recently, I bought A129 Duo and I'm satisfied with A129 and app.

But I'd like to suggest the export funtion in My video section.

Let's say that you downloaded videos from your dashcam to app and you want to move it to your computer or another app, there is no option for now.

If there is a 'export' and(or) air drop function, it would be great.

Please, consider it on next upgrade.

PowerDriver

Please update to the latest version.

In new version, there is option to download the file to app folder or iPhone photo album.

If you download the video to the photo album, you can find the video under VIOFO directory.
View attachment 52
Yes, I know that option.
But, as you know, if you download files into the photo album, iOS tries to upload all those files to iCloud. For one or two files that's not a problem but for many files that would be a problem. I don't want to upload all the files to iCloud that consumes battery and network resources so much. I think 'export' is better option than 'download to photo album'. Because, you download all the files and later you can erase the files those you don't need to save without consuming any resources.

Last edited:

Our84

I am considering buying the A129 (already have two A119) primarily because of the wifi capability. My smartphone is an iPhone 8. I cannot find any information on the app and exactly what it does or does not do. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

PowerDriver

I am considering buying the A129 (already have two A119) primarily because of the wifi capability. My smartphone is an iPhone 8. I cannot find any information on the app and exactly what it does or does not do. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
You can’t see anything without connecting to a129. If you connect to the cam, now you can change settings of a129 or download the recorded videos.

Our84

I have downloaded the only Viofo app on the App Store (dride) that shows up when I enter VIOFO. One other user suggested trying DOD Dashcam app, which I did today. I have connected my iPhone and my iPad to the VIOFO_129_ both 5G and 2.5G without difficulty. The only cam shown on the dride app is the WR1. I have tried, but cannot add a new device. I have followed the instructions Settings: WiFi. I connect almost immediately. I go back to the dride app but nothing happens, except one time it went to "connect" with little colored cars running around the "d". All of the other times the original instruction screen remains, and I cannot make it disappear, or do anything else. I have tried with both my iPhone and my iPad, probably 20 times. I downloaded the DOD Dashcam app today and connected immediately. And it works. But I would prefer to use the VIOFO app if I can get it to work.

Chuck

When was this camera released? I find it hard to imagine I’m the first iOS user looking for the app. WiFi and iPad was the key driving force for me buying the A129 and to find out it’s not available yet is not good.
I also don’t get a good feeling about this since 1.0 apps tend to have bugs and incomplete feature sets.
So what is the day will I be able to install the app? I want to be able to install the app and make sure all the features I need work. I’d like to do that while I’m still in the window to return the device to Amazon. That way I could buy a more consumer ready product from another manufacturer.

Johnbw

I am recently installed a front and back camera of the type that 129 however in loading the app into my iPhone and my iPad it will only support the first issue not the new one as of the 14th of September . So can you tell me when the app will be available for iOS I Fortlea have an android device and I've loaded on that but that is a short term solution

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I just checked on IOS store, the VIOFO APP is available.

Johnbw

Fortunately I have found the app . I was trying to load the new app onto my iPad then I had a brainstorm and remembered that I had to tell the App Store that I wanted it for an iPhone and it appeared . It is working fine