Viofo App Severely Unreliable

bloo890

The app is so unreliable on the A129 where sometimes randomly it doesn't want to connect to my phone! I also put my phone in airplane mode and enable wifi to see of that helps and still happens.

Then when i finally get connected and try to view the videos it says the list is empty but when i plug my brand new sd card into my pc it shows all the videos.
The only good thing about the app is that downloading on 5ghz is very fast but that's only if you can get connected and view the videos first.

A perfect example of this app was just a couple minutes ago today when i tried to pull some videos down i pressed and held the wifi button to turn it on and then when it wasn't connecting i tried to turn the wifi off by pressing the same button then it brought me to a weird page where i could view the videos but then the camera froze on me and when i unplugged it i had to wait for the capacitor to drain since it didn't automatically shut off.

Not sure if this is hardware or software but I hope viofo fixes this asap.. I hope my camera isn't defective. I will be submitting this to their support also

peachumz

Are you using Android or Apple version of the App?

I'm using my Iphone 7 Plus over 5GHz and it works just fine most of the time, but I have also had similar issues to the ones you have described.

For some reason my Iphone is losing the A129 wifi signal at which point it looks for another network and thats my home wifi. But I dont know why it loses the connection because my hardwire kit should mean that it never loses power. I suspect that when switching in and out of parking mode is when the network disconnect happens.

I have also seen that the App is quite good at handling the disconnect in the short term as long as I dont try and use the App before I have switched back to my A129 connection. If I try and use the App without the connection, it then seems to get very confused. Sometimes it sorts itself out and sometimes it doesn't.

Mainly closing the App and starting again works but I found once that I had to uninstall the App and re-install it, for everyhting to start working again; presumably due to some App related behind the scenes data issues.

I cant quite remember if this coincided with the issue (as you described) where I also found there were no videos to view or download. I disconnected the A129 and plugged it in to my Windows 10 PC to find them all exactly were they were supposed to be.

It would be good to get Viofo to respond to this and raise a ticket else I will do myself in a few days.

bloo890

Are you using Android or Apple version of the App?

I'm using my Iphone 7 Plus over 5GHz and it works just fine most of the time, but I have also had similar issues to the ones you have described.

For some reason my Iphone is losing the A129 wifi signal at which point it looks for another network and thats my home wifi. But I dont know why it loses the connection because my hardwire kit should mean that it never loses power. I suspect that when switching in and out of parking mode is when the network disconnect happens.

I have also seen that the App is quite good at handling the disconnect in the short term as long as I dont try and use the App before I have switched back to my A129 connection. If I try and use the App without the connection, it then seems to get very confused. Sometimes it sorts itself out and sometimes it doesn't.

Mainly closing the App and starting again works but I found once that I had to uninstall the App and re-install it, for everyhting to start working again; presumably due to some App related behind the scenes data issues.

I cant quite remember if this coincided with the issue (as you described) where I also found there were no videos to view or download. I disconnected the A129 and plugged it in to my Windows 10 PC to find them all exactly were they were supposed to be.

It would be good to get Viofo to respond to this and raise a ticket else I will do myself in a few days.

I am using the apple version of the app on my 6S. I reinstalled the app so lets see if that helps. The app reviews on the app store seems to reflect the issues we're having. I already submitted a ticket to viofo. Lets hope they get a better app developer to make a redesign of the app! My old b1w cam was only $50 but had a way better app that connected instantly and had no issues.

peachumz

Just to let you know that since I plugged my 3 wire kit power in to the A129 and NOT the GPS, it all seems more stable and even parking mode is working better.

bloo890

Just to let you know that since I plugged my 3 wire kit power in to the A129 and NOT the GPS, it all seems more stable and even parking mode is working better.

Yea in the a129 camera manual it says the hardwire kit must be plugged directly into the camera. And my hardwire kit is directly plugged into the camera. Parking mode works very well based on my testing.