VIOFO Duo 129 Rear Camera kills DAB radio signal

Imen

Hi All

My rear cam totally kills DAB radio signal.
Paid £70 for professional install and got this annoying problem.
Do you have any ideas?

Capture Your Action

You'll probably get the most benefit by moving the rear camera and/or rear camera cable.

Turn WiFi off.

Devilment

I had some fun today with a 6m length of cord, plotting out different cabling routes between front and rear cameras for my soon-to-arrive A129 Duo. I should be able to run the cable down the A-pillar, along the bottom of the doors then up the C-pillar to the rear camera rather than through the head liner. I'm hoping by taking such a route it will not cause interference on the DAB signal. Or would it be worth investing in a ferrite core or two?

Capture Your Action

I had some fun today with a 6m length of cord, plotting out different cabling routes between front and rear cameras for my soon-to-arrive A129 Duo. I should be able to run the cable down the A-pillar, along the bottom of the doors then up the C-pillar to the rear camera rather than through the head liner. I'm hoping by taking such a route it will not cause interference on the DAB signal. Or would it be worth investing in a ferrite core or two?
I think you’ll be better of rerouting the cable verses using ferrite cores. Can always add the ferrite cores later if need be. There is an 8M cable if you need a longer cable.

Imen

You'll probably get the most benefit by moving the rear camera and/or rear camera cable.

Turn WiFi off.

The WiFi i off. Unfortunately the cable is way too short for re-routing.
VIOFO team promised to send me better 6m long cable to try.

Florin

Any updates on that? Did the routing worked ?

I have a VW Passat and the DAB antenna is in the area where rear camera is. Of course, my DAB reception is poor unless I disconnect the rear camera. So far I tried and shielded the rear camera electronics. It improved the situation but not enough. I am thinking to change the cable routing and / or the cable.