VIOFO WIFI NOT WORKING

Alejandro Brott

Hello support tem, The VIOFO WIFI system do not work at all, I try newest Apple pro 12 latest and upgraded, and also try Note 20 pro ultra 5G, and all the community advises, also I have a WIFI analyzer and no signal from VIOFO, it just do not work, I also have a Garmin TANDEM and it works perfect with my Apple and Samsung phones, solid connection hi output WIFI and full control with the applications Apple and Samsung, I see 1000's of complaints about the VIOFO WIFI NOT WORKING, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.
I pay $150.00 dollars for pro installation, but the VIOFO WIFI NOT WORKING, talk to other smart people about the VIOFO WIFI NOT WORKING, and they could not figure out,.
Conclusion after several expert WIFI persons is that is a Defect product.
VIOFO WIFI NOT WORKING. Do you experts have any explanation why you selling a defected
product and if you VIOFO experts can fix the problem or just do e RECALL on a defected product. VIOFO WIFI NOT WORKING.
Alex Brott.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello Alex,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'll help you with it. Pm sent.

chi2000uk

I have the same wifi problem with my A129 Pro duo as Alex, please can you help me too? Thank you.

a_abhijit

I am facing the same problem with A129 Pro duo. I am not able to connect to WIFI.
On the sellers suggestion I tried re-loading the latest firmware. But that didn't help at all.

artchonknana

@VIOFO-Support I have the same issue on my A129 Duo Plus. I just flashed firmware today with latest and the SSID is not broadcast and I can't connect by manually entering the SSID and password.

Why would you DM someone about help with a seemingly common issue? Is there not a fix?

frankr442

Why would you DM someone about help with a seemingly common issue? Is there not a fix?
I agree, many could be helped

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

This problem has been fixed in the new batched products. I sent PM to others to learn about their dashcam and purchasing information that should be protected. I just sent you a PM, please check it.

I saw you said in this post that the Wi-Fi works again, so mistakenly thought the Wi-Fi problem is solved. Expecting your understanding!

Last edited:

frankr442

I can see how you could think that. I probably shouldn't talk about both cams in the same post.
When I get home tonight I'll check the build date of the other cam, although they do have different problems.
Thanks

Arthur

This is clearly a manufacturing issue s we all have the same exact problem. My new camera worked fine for two days then same issue as everyone else. I also paid for professional installation. Very frustrating as the app WiFi connection is one of the primary reasons I made this purchase. I have current firmware installed. Brand new camera, what is the fix for this? Thank you. Themfm@yahoo.com

LeJerk

I see a lot of issues posted on here with firmware 2.4. Is that a coincidence or is there an issue with this version? I was thinking about upgrading my camera to that.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
This is clearly a manufacturing issue s we all have the same exact problem. My new camera worked fine for two days then same issue as everyone else. I also paid for professional installation. Very frustrating as the app WiFi connection is one of the primary reasons I made this purchase. I have current firmware installed. Brand new camera, what is the fix for this? Thank you. Themfm@yahoo.com
Hi Arthur,

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused! I'll help you with this!

You only need to send the defective front camera back if you'd like to accept a replacement. That won't influence the wire installed.

As you mentioned this is a new camera, I recommend you contact the seller for the replacement and require them to test the Wi-Fi function before sending you.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I see a lot of issues posted on here with firmware 2.4. Is that a coincidence or is there an issue with this version? I was thinking about upgrading my camera to that.
Hello,

This problem has been fixed in the new batches. I recommend you buy a dashcam from our official website. Then it is assured works without this problem.

May I know what country are you located in? If you're in the US, UK, or Canada, etc, the package would be received in about 10 days.

Please let me know if you'd like to buy one as I recommend. Thanks!

LeJerk

I think you misunderstood, I already have this camera but have an older version of the firmware that I was thinking about updating.

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused! I'll help you with this!

You only need to send the defective front camera back if you'd like to accept a replacement. That won't influence the wire installed.

As you mentioned this is a new camera, I recommend you contact the seller for the replacement and require them to test the Wi-Fi function before sending you.
I have 3 of these things for 3 cars. Amazon does not test equipment for you so that is not an option. Also, testing is irrelevant as they all work initially, the problem shows up days after initial use. How do we replace these with models you guarantee won't have this issue?

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I think you misunderstood, I already have this camera but have an older version of the firmware that I was thinking about updating.
It's ok with the dashcam to update. The Wi-Fi problem doesn't matter with this firmware.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I have 3 of these things for 3 cars. Amazon does not test equipment for you so that is not an option. Also, testing is irrelevant as they all work initially, the problem shows up days after initial use. How do we replace these with models you guarantee won't have this issue?
Arthur, my colleague has sent you an email. She will help you with this.

HazeTaze

I also suddenly got this problem! Wifi worked until one day i needed to take out video. Tried to flash 2.4 wifi just won't show upp. Tried everything from completly format the device. Two diffrent phones. Iphone XR, Oneplus 7T Pro. The SSID is not visibel and i cant connect to it.