What does Motion Detection option exactly does?

SeatLeon5F

Have done a software and hardware reset (the firmware is already on 2.4 when I bought it).
After the reset I have changed the following settings on the camera, did not used the Android App.

Parking mode > Auto event detection
Enter parking mode timer > 90 seconds
G-Sensor > High Sensitivity
Loop Recording > 5 Minutes
WDR > On

With these settings, after turning of the car (no acc power yellow cable), the camera goes in to parking mode and the Rec red light starts blinking after +/-
90 seconds.
When I move my hand in front the lens, the blinking stops and the Rec light burns constant, after +/- 90 seconds it's starts blinking again.

Is my conclusion correct, that with these settings everything should work correct. Recording while driving and when the car is in parking position and there is something walks/drives by the camera, it records this on the SDcard?.

With this in mind, is there any reason why I should turn on the option Motion Detection, at this moment it's still Off?
At my house, the car is always parked outside. With some wind, the leaves of trees are in motion and the camera (front and back) records this (blinking Rec stops and burns constantly), is this changeable ?
Are there any other settings to improve?.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Recording while driving and when the car is in parking position and there is something walks/drives by the camera, it records this on the SDcard?.
Yes, if a motion is detected by the dashcam in the parking mode, the camera would record it and save it on the memory card.
With this in mind, is there any reason why I should turn on the option Motion Detection, at this moment it's still Off?
Motion Detection can detect motions that should be recorded by the camera. So you can find the evidence when you need it if a motion hurts your car.
At my house, the car is always parked outside. With some wind, the leaves of trees are in motion and the camera (front and back) records this (blinking Rec stops and burns constantly), is this changeable ?
The parking motion detection can be set to low.