What is the VCC voltage ? What triggers parking mode ?

mrpk

Hi,
I am trying to do a custom setup, where i will use my hardwire kit in conjunction with a powerbank (to supply power). What is the VCC voltage or output that triggers the parking mode on camera, so i can try replicating same behavior ? Does vcc receive 12 volt momentarily to trigger parking mode ?

Is this the behavior - when in drive mode vcc is 0 volt and when power for hardwire kit is on 12volt line, when in park mode, 12 volt line is off and vcc gets 12v and converts it to 5 volt for camera?

From the install instructions :
ACC Wire (YELLOW)
To identify a fuse for the ACC connection, turn the ignition switch to the ACC (Accessory) position. Look for a fuse that is live when the ignition switch is in the ACC position but off when the ignition switch is in the off position.

So basically VCC is 0 volt when ignition is on, and is on when in ACC - is the voltage i am looking for 12volt ? Guessing it be 12 as car only has 12 - 14 volt typically :). Can someone from Viofo confirm this or someone who has installed their kit ?

Or is it reversed.. when driving - acc will be 12 volt, and when off acc will be 0 volt. So is it VCC = 0 that triggers parking mode, else on if VCC = 12volt ?

Last edited:

mrpk

Alright just did some tests. So acc and batt both need to be 12volt for normal recording mode or ignition on. When in parking vcc is 0 volts. If anyone doing a mod. I plan to actually have toggle switches to manually switch to parking and recording mode. This way at night while at home can simple flick the switch off and be done.

In my testing however parking mode doesn't seem to stay on for long while on hardwire kit. Wondering how car battery is going below 12.4 volt to trigger hardwire kit to turn off, when driven for hour long.

cat2devnull

So acc and batt both need to be 12volt for normal recording mode or ignition on. When in parking vcc is 0 volts.
Yep...

If anyone doing a mod. I plan to actually have toggle switches to manually switch to parking and recording mode. This way at night while at home can simple flick the switch off and be done.
In my testing however parking mode doesn't seem to stay on for long while on hardwire kit. Wondering how car battery is going below 12.4 volt to trigger hardwire kit to turn off, when driven for hour long.
If you can get parking mode working correctly, I'm not sure what need you would still have for the switch?
Parking mode can be configured to turn off after a period of time. If you haven't already, just check that setting.
Also have you tried adjusting the voltage cutoff on the hardwire kit? Does that make any difference?

mrpk

I plan to use manual toggle switches, to disable power completely or set it to parking mode while engine still running and so forth, i want to have control when its on and when its off, and also not to mention i will using the cig. ligt port not doing any taps behind the radio and all.