WiFi off

MiamiC70

WiFi off requires physically pushing the record stop button on the camera and then long pressing the WiFi on/off button on the camera. Using the iOS app “stop recording” button does not allow WiFi off. This is stupid and a hassle especially when you mont camera hidden behind mirror like I have.

Firmware version 1.9

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you want to disable Wi-Fi via APP? But this still requires to physically turn on Wi-Fi next time.

MiamiC70

Correct. You can’t disable WiFi via application. Because even though you can stop recording via the app that does not seem to matter as if you then long press to turn off WiFi it will not allow it. You have to physically push record button on the camera for it to then allow you to long press and turn of WiFi.

Capture Your Action

With WiFi off, you need to turn WiFi on via the physical camera button. The App cannot do this as there isn’t a WiFi connection yet. I makes sense that you would have to then turn WiFi off again via the same physical button on the camera. I think having a WiFi off button in the app that couldn’t also turn it on would confuse users.

MiamiC70

So what you are saying is that you CAN disable WiFi in APP then follow the directions as printed in manual but it doesn’t work is less confusing?

I certainly understand why you can re-enable WiFi is app that’s obvious. However, the fact that the option is there in the and it allows you to turn recording off but the camera does so unless you are trying to turn of WiFi is confusing and forces you to reach to camera which in my case is well concealed and the display is not visible.

Capture Your Action

Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding what exactly you want the app to do and/or not do. I never use the app, so I’ll have to refresh my memory as to what it has for features.

MiamiC70

I was just making you aware.

Manual says to turn off WiFi you need to “stop recording” then long press the button to turn off WiFi. The camera Only follows through with that if it is done physically.

If you turn off recording from the app the camera does stop recording however, trying to long press will not turn off WiFi even though recording is now OFF. A long press does nothing.

Capture Your Action

OK, I think I understand. Your issue is that the only way to turn WiFi on and off is if you stop the current recording via the front camera REC button and not via the app?

MiamiC70

Not WiFi on and off.
The fact that TO turn WiFi off you MUST use physical buttons to stop recording first even though stop recording is available via the app but if you hide the app to stop recording you CANNOT turn off WiFi.

Capture Your Action

So you need to turn recording on again via the app, then stop it via the camera button in order to turn off WiFi?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Actually you can enable or disable Wi-Fi while the camera is recording or not.

Capture Your Action

Actually, you can’t which is what I have been trying to tell you.
When not using the app you can (just tested this). When you have WiFi enabled, the buttons on the camera are disabled, this is normal (WiFi on/off button should still work though). Your issue seems to be when using the app to stop the recording, then you cannot turn WiFi on or off via the camera button. I will test this out when I have a moment.