Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control not working correctly-Viofo A129 Plus Duo

goddi

Greetings,

As I was driving home, an incident occurred where I wanted to 'lock' the video clips. I pressed the Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control (WBRC) as I was driving and I heard the sound that it makes when the clip is saved. However, I found that the clip was not saved. I expected it to be in an RO folder. There is no RO folder.

I noticed that no video clips were created or 'saved' between 11:37 and 11:31. That is the time when I pressed the WBRC button. Instead of video clips being 'locked' and saved, two jpg images were saved in the Photo folder at 11:31.

It is my understand that when the WBRC is pressed, the video clip would be saved and 'locked' in an RO folder. This did not happen. Is this a problem with the firmware or with the cameras. This was an important incident to save but the WBRC failed.
Can someone explain what might be going on?

=========================

goddi

To add a bit to this story, I have just returned my cams for an exchange. I was having problems with the rear camera not recording clips every so often. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometime with regular clips; sometimes with parking mode clips.
But I also found the other problem with the WBRC, so I don't know what caused it.
My card is the Samsung 128 Pro. I had re-flashed my firmware several times. Did not help.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

My RM100 won’t allow me to lock a video folder either. I have no idea if this can be fixed or where to start.

Magic Mike

Greetings,

As I was driving home, an incident occurred where I wanted to 'lock' the video clips. I pressed the Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control (WBRC) as I was driving and I heard the sound that it makes when the clip is saved. However, I found that the clip was not saved. I expected it to be in an RO folder. There is no RO folder.

I noticed that no video clips were created or 'saved' between 11:37 and 11:31. That is the time when I pressed the WBRC button. Instead of video clips being 'locked' and saved, two jpg images were saved in the Photo folder at 11:31.

It is my understand that when the WBRC is pressed, the video clip would be saved and 'locked' in an RO folder. This did not happen. Is this a problem with the firmware or with the cameras. This was an important incident to save but the WBRC failed.
Can someone explain what might be going on?

View attachment 906
=========================
I’m having the same issue.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Is it a remote control or a phone?

Please use our remote control packaged with the dashcam to lock files.

And if you can't find the locked file on the computer, please go to check the files of the VIOFO app.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

Is it a remote control or a phone?

Please use our remote control packaged with the dashcam to lock files.

And if you can't find the locked file on the computer, please go to check the files of the VIOFO app.
It's the little button thing you glue to your dashboard. I got it as an accessory and paired it to my dash cam. It only takes jpegs', and wont wont lock-down or save videos.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
It's the little button thing you glue to your dashboard. I got it as an accessory and paired it to my dash cam. It only takes jpegs', and wont wont lock-down or save videos.
Got it! But if you wanna lock important videos, please use VIOFO Bluetooth remote control.

goddi

I’m having the same issue.
Greeting Magic Mike,
My wife took the car on a trip today and I took a look at the clips from the dashcam. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. A bunch of clips that were missing from the DCIM folder were found in the RO folder. What happens is that when you hit a bump while driving, the jolt will send the file to the RO folder to be saved...as if some one hit the car. Before I had the sensitivity set to High. I had changed it to Low but it still apparently is sensitive.

Then, in this trip, the WBRC was pressed a couple times just to see what would happen. These video clips were also sent to the RO folder. AND, a jpg (F and R) of each of these were sent to the Photo folder when the WBRC button had been pressed .

So it seems that it is working (at least today and on my wife's car). I know before it was not working on my other car or I had not figured out what was going on. On my car, I have the exact same setup, camera and microSD card. So, eventually, I'll take a look to see if that is working the same way.

But...with my wife's car, I have been having problems with the rear camera not taking clips at random times. I checked for 3 days of trips and each day had missing rear camera clips. But, today, I did not have this problem. So the rear camera not taking clips seems to be a random thing and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've informed BlackBoxMyCar and Viofo and waiting for replies.

This is really driving me crazy with the unreliability and random problems.
Gary

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Greeting Magic Mike,
My wife took the car on a trip today and I took a look at the clips from the dashcam. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. A bunch of clips that were missing from the DCIM folder were found in the RO folder. What happens is that when you hit a bump while driving, the jolt will send the file to the RO folder to be saved...as if some one hit the car. Before I had the sensitivity set to High. I had changed it to Low but it still apparently is sensitive.

Then, in this trip, the WBRC was pressed a couple times just to see what would happen. These video clips were also sent to the RO folder. AND, a jpg (F and R) of each of these were sent to the Photo folder when the WBRC button had been pressed .

So it seems that it is working (at least today and on my wife's car). I know before it was not working on my other car or I had not figured out what was going on. On my car, I have the exact same setup, camera and microSD card. So, eventually, I'll take a look to see if that is working the same way.

But...with my wife's car, I have been having problems with the rear camera not taking clips at random times. I checked for 3 days of trips and each day had missing rear camera clips. But, today, I did not have this problem. So the rear camera not taking clips seems to be a random thing and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've informed BlackBoxMyCar and Viofo and waiting for replies.

This is really driving me crazy with the unreliability and random problems.
Gary
Hi, Gary!

Did you check the connection of the rear cable? Do you use the original rear cable?

And which version of firmware are you using? Attached is V1.5. You can update the firmware to have a try.

Attachments

Last edited:

goddi

Greetings,
Yes, I have checked the connection of the rear cable.
Yes, it is the original cable.
The firmware version data was as follows:
A129Plus V1.4
Build 20201224
Rear: V1.3_20201210

I reformatted the microSD card. I put the FWA129.bin on the card. I started the car to start the update process and it installed this file.
However, the firmware version data did not change. I went through these steps twice - same results.

In previous instructions, it stated "Once the camera boots up and the screen shows live view, short press the WiFi button and you'll see a message stating 'Send FW to TX". This never happens.

Why am I not getting the V2.2 version and why don't I get the above message? Please explain and show the exact explicit instructions, step by step, that I am supposed to follow to update the firmware.

Gary Oddi

Capture Your Action

I think they posted firmware for the A129 not the A129 Plus by accident. A129 Plus firmware will be FWA129S.bin, not FWA129.bin. Don't think the A129 Plus would be at V2.2 either.

goddi

I have received so many different files with different filenames, different or incomplete steps, I am about to be at the end of my rope. What the heck is going on at these companies? It would be so simple to create a page with complete instructions and files that we can download without all this continuous confusion. How can they stay in business? Now they want to send me a new 'cable' that I guess I'd have to pay to have installed to address the problem of rear camera clips randomly not being created. I'd like to reinstall the firmware first but they can't seem to get their s... together....:mad:. Just too frustrated. Gary

goddi

Maybe it's me but I can't understand what I am supposed to do to update my rear camera's firmware. Here are some instructions sent to me from BlackBoxMyCar:

"Copy the “RearcamA129FW.bin” and “RearcamA129FW.update” on the root of the card.
Insert the SD card into the rear camera. and plug the rear camera into the main camera, then shortly press the rightmost button...."

There is no way to insert an SD card in the 'rear' camera.
And they sent me these two files to update the rear camera:

These are not the same files as mentioned in their instructions above (Rearcam...).

Why can't we get competent instructions????
Gary

Capture Your Action

Maybe it's me but I can't understand what I am supposed to do to update my rear camera's firmware. Here are some instructions sent to me from BlackBoxMyCar:

"Copy the “RearcamA129FW.bin” and “RearcamA129FW.update” on the root of the card.
Insert the SD card into the rear camera. and plug the rear camera into the main camera, then shortly press the rightmost button...."

There is no way to insert an SD card in the 'rear' camera.
And they sent me these two files to update the rear camera:

View attachment 985
These are not the same files as mentioned in their instructions above (Rearcam...).

Why can't we get competent instructions????
Gary
I don’t think your rear camera needs updating. You are already on V1.3, which I believe is the latest.

goddi

Greetings,
Yes, I do have the latest V1.3, but I just want to replace it just in case it is causing the problem. I just got a clarification from BBMC about 'Insert the SD card into the rear camera...":

"1. No, this means that you would have to connect the rear camera to the main camera with the rear connecting cable
  1. Yes, you'll need to insert the memory card into the front camera and turn on the car for the camera to boot up and update the firmware. From here, the front camera will update itself, and once complete and the camera is in live view, you can short press the WiFi button to trigger the rear camera update.
  2. The two files I sent in my last email are all you need to load onto the memory card."

Since the cams are already installed in the car, there was no need to talk about connecting the rear camera with the cable. Just caused confusion. And also made no sense.
And, she said she sent me the only files needed to update the rear camera (below). What happened to the two original 'rearcam...' files???
So I will give it a try. They are also sending me a replacement cable for the rear camera just to help troubleshoot where the problem is and to eliminate the cable as the source of the problem.
Gary

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings,
Yes, I do have the latest V1.3, but I just want to replace it just in case it is causing the problem. I just got a clarification from BBMC about 'Insert the SD card into the rear camera...":

"1. No, this means that you would have to connect the rear camera to the main camera with the rear connecting cable
  1. Yes, you'll need to insert the memory card into the front camera and turn on the car for the camera to boot up and update the firmware. From here, the front camera will update itself, and once complete and the camera is in live view, you can short press the WiFi button to trigger the rear camera update.
  2. The two files I sent in my last email are all you need to load onto the memory card."
Since the cams are already installed in the car, there was no need to talk about connecting the rear camera with the cable. Just caused confusion. And also made no sense.
And, she said she sent me the only files needed to update the rear camera (below). What happened to the two original 'rearcam...' files???
View attachment 986
So I will give it a try. They are also sending me a replacement cable for the rear camera just to help troubleshoot where the problem is and to eliminate the cable as the source of the problem.
Gary
Hi,Gary!

Really sorry for the frustration caused. We suppose the rear cable may be the reason. But you can first update the firmware to have a try.

Apologize that I put the wrong firmware before. I've changed to the V1.5. Please try to update again.

Following is the updating instruction:
VIOFO Firmware Update Guide Step-by-Step - VIOFO Official Website

We also strongly recommend you use the replacement cable to do a troubleshoot.

Waiting for your result!

Attachments

Last edited: