Wiring Park Mode to be selectable.

Joey21

Hi, sorry if this has been covered I couldn't find it on a search. Would love any comments etc.

I am wiring up the duo on the Landrover 110, but we don't always want park mode such as at home etc, so the plan is: Connect the yellow wire to the ign live and also to a relay (trigger terminal) the relay will have a permanent live and when the relay is energized this feeds the red wire. I have installed central locking and this incorporates a limit switch on the mechanism of one of the locks. This switch is normally open wired with a permanent feed, when the switch is closed (door locked) it also feeds to the red wire. Incorporated in this red wire is an adjustable interior light delay style capacitor (set to 10 seconds or so)

Operation;

Driving Ignition on ; Yellow wire energized, relay energized, Red wire energized = Camera on in drive mode.

Ignition off doors not locked before 10 secs; Ignition off, Yellow wire not energized, relay not energized but camera runs for 10 secs on capacitor, when capacitor is discharged the Red wire is not energized = Camera off

Ignition off doors locked within 10 secs; Ignition off, Yellow wire not energized, relay not energized, camera runs on capacitor, but the feed from the door lock limit switch feeds the camera Red wire= Camera in parking Mode depending on voltage sensor setting and battery level until the doors are unlocked again.

I am also considering feeding the camera via a relay or 2 on the alarm siren so it films during any alarm activation, this would involve feeding both the red and yellow wires if the camera was not already in park mode. Was thinking of this for when it's parked for periods longer than the battery would keep the camera in park mode.

Has anyone done this already ? Any thoughts ?

Last edited: