Recent content by cat2devnull

1. C

iOS app crash after connecting to cam

Same for me, I just upgraded to v1.7 and everything works again. It's a bug between the IOS app and firmware v1.6. Just upgrade and you will be fine.
  2. C

Video Encoding...

I don't have that model but you should be able to switch between H.264 and H.265 as per the comments above. It's also discussed on the DashCamTalk website. Stop Recording by pressing the record button Long press the MIC button for 4 seconds When an SD card icon appears on the left side of the...
  3. C

What is the VCC voltage ? What triggers parking mode ?

Yep... If you can get parking mode working correctly, I'm not sure what need you would still have for the switch? Parking mode can be configured to turn off after a period of time. If you haven't already, just check that setting. Also have you tried adjusting the voltage cutoff on the hardwire...
  4. C

Viofo A139 not entering parking mode with OBDII power

This topic comes up from time to time. I do not believe parking mode is supported without a hardwire kit. (see https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/odb2-option.27304/#post-41805). The only way to reliably identify is the car is parked is by the loss of 12V on ACC. It is not...
  5. C

Can't enable Wifi Station Mode

Maybe I am a Viofo unicorn :) I have two A139 cameras. One is on v1.2 and is in my daily driver. I agree that there are some features that I would like it to have, but I haven't hit any bugs. The other is in a less used car and is the one that I tinker with, hence on v1.6. I'm interested to know...
  6. C

Newly installed Viofo A139 3chnl

That's great if you're in the car at the time... I agree that it would be useful to be notified next time you start the car. I don't think this would work for movement as that would likely trigger 100% of the time, but should work for G-sensor which would be a rare event.
  7. C

Can't enable Wifi Station Mode

RE: comments to the effect of... I might have to send back the camera if this doesn't get fixed now. Cut the guys/gals some slack. :) This is a beta firmware for a reason, Viofo is not claiming it is bug free, nor should you expect it to be. At least they are adding new features, active in...
  8. C

V1.6_0721 problems

First off, awesome work on these new features. Having the ability to access the camera via my own home network is great. While testing things I found that when trying to delete videos via the HTTP interface (by clicking the "remove" link), I get the following message; This page contains the...
  9. C

Future Dash Cam Development

So I am looking to get a dash cam and so far I have been impressed by the Viofo range in terms of value for money and general quality. It's also nice to see a company that is active on their forum with help and especially, access to early firmware images for people having issues. Most companies...
  10. C

Buffered Parking Mode

Can anyone confirm if the A139 does or doesn't have buffered parking mode? The user guide indicates that is does; Parking Mode 1. Auto Event Detection Including buffered parking mode, the camera will automatically record a video sequence (from 15seconds before the event to 30 seconds after the...
  11. C

ODB2 option?

I'm no expert but I don't believe that the OBD2 port has a pin for ACC so there would be no way for the camera to know if the ignition was on or off so no ability to enable park mode.
  12. C

Video Encoding...

So it's not as simple as choosing between H.264 and H.265 (HEVC). Each codec has many different options for encoding. It would appear that the A129 uses some options that the default Mac OSX doesn't understand. If it appears choppy then it is probably playing the I frames without any issue but...