Future Dash Cam Development

cat2devnull

So I am looking to get a dash cam and so far I have been impressed by the Viofo range in terms of value for money and general quality. It's also nice to see a company that is active on their forum with help and especially, access to early firmware images for people having issues.
Most companies these days seem to go out of their way to avoid engaging with their customers and deny any faults with their products.

So I am looking at either the A129 pro duo or the newer A139 2CH.

I would really like 4K but don't want to invest in a product such as the A129 if it is basically going End of Life.
What I mean by that is I suspect that all future modes from Viofo will be USB-C for power and 50ohm coax for camera connections.
I like the idea of these cables as they are far smaller and easy to install through headliners and dashboards.

I am hoping someone from Viofo might be able to confirm/deny my theory about future models going usb-c/coax vs sticking with micro-usb.
Also is there any plan to bring out a 4K version of the A139?

I'm happy to buy the A139 now and upgrade in a couple of years if it means don't have to rip my car apart a second time to swap all the cables.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks for your approval and support to VIOFO!
I am hoping someone from Viofo might be able to confirm/deny my theory about future models going usb-c/coax vs sticking with micro-usb.
Also is there any plan to bring out a 4K version of the A139?
You're right! All our future products will use the Type-C power port.

And A139 with 4K resolution is on our plan. But it won't be released shortly.