Recent content by goddi

1. G

A129Plus Duo-Rear camera not working in Parking mode (and Movie mode)

Greetings, Thanks, but I've already received replacement dashcams for both of my cars that exhibit this problem. Not only that, but I've swapped out the cable on each car for the rear dashcams twice, with two different cables (the thick one and the thinner one). Nothing helped. I have been...
  2. G

I have tried two new rear camera cables and I have tried two new rear dashcams in both of my cars. Rear cable ports are not broken. This problem happens in both cars with the new cables and dashcams.
  3. G

Here is another example of the failure of the rear camera taking video clips. In the Movie mode, the Rear camera took clips during the first segment of the trip. But on the return trip, no rear camera clips were taken. In the Parking mode, the Rear camera did not take any clips either during...
  4. G

They don't provide that version for the rear camera anymore. Where can I get that version and do I install that firmware separately from the front camera's firmware? They used to have "RearcamA129FW.bin” and “RearcamA129FW.update”. But not anymore.
  5. G

Been there, done that. Even tried two different rear cables. One was the older thicker cable; and also the newer thinner cable. No difference. Not to mention I tried new rear cameras. It must be in the firmware but Viofo has not figured it out. Am I the only one with this problem??? It seems to...
  6. G

At first I used 'AutoEventDetection'. I was told to try 'Low Bitrate Recording'. Problem happens in either mode. The firmware is: A129Plus:V1.5 Build: 20210515 Rear V1.0_20200925
  7. G

Greetings, I have been working with the Viofo support for many, many weeks trying to figure out why the rear camera does not always take video clips in the Parking mode. I am running out of patience. I have performed every test they have suggested. They even sent me brand new cameras for both of...
  8. G

What should the length of the Parking clips be?

Greetings, I re-set the Parking Mode to Low Bitrate as you suggested. First of all, above you stated: "The length of each video clip in AutoEventDetection usually should be 1 min. The length of each video clip in Low Bitrate Recording usually should be 30 mins." As you can see by my screenshot...
  9. G

Ooppss...sorry, too many SDcards. It is a Samsung Pro Endurance microSDXC UHS-1, Class 10. I have formatted it on the computer. I have done many, many test with this card with AutoEventDetection, same results. I have to do some tests with the Low Biterate. But the clip lengths in the...
  10. G

So you are saying that, when someone walks by the car, and the Parking Mode is in the LowBitrate mode, it will take a clip of 30 min.? (You didn't answer why my AutoEventDetection clips vary from :04 sec. to 3:00 min.) My card is Samsung Pro Endurance microSDXC UHS-1, Class 10. Gary
  11. G

I haven't had the chance to try the Low Biterate setting yet. But the "Auto Event Detection usually should be 1 min." does not follow what is happening with my dashcam. In my example above, which is in AutoEventDetection mode, the clips range from :04 seconds to 3:00 minutes. Makes no sense that...
  12. G

I can't seem to get a direct answer to my question. All I want to know is what the lengths of the video clips should be. 1- If the AutoEventDetection is selected in the Parking Mode, what should the lengths of each video clips be? 2-If the Low Bit Rate is selected in the Parking Mode, what...
  13. G

Greetings, What I want to know is what should be the length of each Parking clip? I've formatted the card many times, no difference. Mine vary in length. Here is a sample of what I mean:
  14. G

Greetings, I've had 41 views of my question but no one has mentioned what the length of their Parking clips are. Can someone tell me what the lengths of the video clips that the Parking mode are? What should they be?
  15. G

Greetings, I am having problems with the dashcam not producing rear Parking clips consistently. It works for a while, then stops taking clips. Viofo is sending me new thinner cables to see if that makes a difference (it is happening on both of my cars with the same dashcam, A129 Plus Duo)...