A129Plus Duo-Rear camera not working in Parking mode (and Movie mode)

goddi

Greetings,
I have been working with the Viofo support for many, many weeks trying to figure out why the rear camera does not always take video clips in the Parking mode. I am running out of patience. I have performed every test they have suggested. They even sent me brand new cameras for both of my cars since the problem is happening in both of them. But the problem continues to happen even with the new replacement cameras. I've even used new temporary cable, but that did not help.

Here is an example of what happened on my last trip. At the first destination, the Parking clips for the rear camera were not made. Then, at the next destination of the same trip, the Parking clips for the rear camera were made. This inconsistency happens consistently. And, sometimes the Parking clips are made at the first destination, but, at the next destination they are not made. Seens that the rear camera is not consistenly getting triggered to start taking Parking clips.

So I've just about had it with the Viofo dashcams. If I switch to another brand, I don't want to have to re-wire the car. I'd like to just use the same cables. Can the Viofo cables I now have installed also work with other brands...or do I have to reinstall the cables?
Thanks...
Gary

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Gary,

Can you please tell me the parking mode you use? We also recommend checking the rear cable connection.

Last edited:

goddi

At first I used 'AutoEventDetection'. I was told to try 'Low Bitrate Recording'. Problem happens in either mode.
The firmware is:
A129Plus:V1.5
Build: 20210515
Rear V1.0_20200925

goddi

Been there, done that. Even tried two different rear cables. One was the older thicker cable; and also the newer thinner cable. No difference. Not to mention I tried new rear cameras. It must be in the firmware but Viofo has not figured it out. Am I the only one with this problem??? It seems to stop working or not start working at the start of a trip or in between destinations of trips. When it works, it seems to work during a portion of a trip. The rear camera can function properly once it starts during portions of a trip but fails for other portions of the same trip. But there are other quirks... Many times the Time of the rear Parking clip are off by one minute from the time of the front camera's clip. They should be the same. Other times the sorting of these clips are not correct. The rear clips were sorted before the front camera's clip.

The failure of rear camera not taking clips usually occurs with the Parking mode, but it has also happened in the Movie mode.
Doesn't this point to firmware??? What else could it be???
I have documented all of these problems with screenshots and sent them to Viofo. But they don't know how to fix it. These problems are occurring in both of our cars that have the exact same dashcam.

Here is an example of the rear camera not working in the Movie mode. The rear camera worked for the first portion of the trip but failed to start taking clips for the second portion of the trip:

Ogzogz

It can be tested with the current version v1.3 20201210 for the rear camera.

goddi

They don't provide that version for the rear camera anymore. Where can I get that version and do I install that firmware separately from the front camera's firmware? They used to have "RearcamA129FW.bin” and “RearcamA129FW.update”. But not anymore.

goddi

Here is another example of the failure of the rear camera taking video clips.
In the Movie mode, the Rear camera took clips during the first segment of the trip. But on the return trip, no rear camera clips were taken.
In the Parking mode, the Rear camera did not take any clips either during parking after the first segment of the trip or when I returned home and parked the car. What can be causing this?

goddi

I have tried two new rear camera cables and I have tried two new rear dashcams in both of my cars. Rear cable ports are not broken.
This problem happens in both cars with the new cables and dashcams.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
May I know when and where you bought the previous whole sets of your both A129 Plus Duo? Would you like to accept replacements for both front cam?

goddi

Greetings,
Thanks, but I've already received replacement dashcams for both of my cars that exhibit this problem. Not only that, but I've swapped out the cable on each car for the rear dashcams twice, with two different cables (the thick one and the thinner one). Nothing helped. I have been working with Viofo and BlackBoxMyCar for almost a year and I've given up. Nothing worked to fix the problems. Thanks for the offer but I've already done that. Would be nice if Viofo would cover the cost to remove the old cables and installation of new cables.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Gary,

My colleague will help you with the problem of your A129 Plus Duo via email. Please notice the new email.