Search results

1. T

[SOLVED]: iOS app does not connect to camera (A129 Plus Duo)

OK, I received the replacement PLUS, and I am able to connect to the iPhone app. Thank you all. The camera came with firmware 1.6 dated April 2021. I did try to install the firmware linked by VIOFO-Support here in this thread - but I did not see the update process (blinking lights etc.)...
  2. T

Two-Factor Authorisation to access the forum - how do I disable that?

Thank you kindly. I am able to login with just my user name and password now. Earlier, I did select the option to disable 2FA, but it did not seem to work. Now that you yourself have disabled it, it does work, thank you. Cheers
  3. T

Thank you. Well, right now since I am waiting for the replacement A129 PLUS, I still do not know if the original issue (connecting to my iPhone) is resolved yet or not - I shall check that when i receive it and keep this thread updated :) Cheers
  4. T

Two-Factor Authorisation to access the forum - how do I disable that?

I do not always have access to email; and whenever I try to login to the forum it sends an access code to my email, without which I cannot login. Is there a way I can disable this need for a code and just login with my user-ID and password? Thank you and cheers
  5. T

Yes I connected it, and I have now found that it only recorded the front camera, not the rear camera. Edited to say: I spoke with the vendor, they're shipping a replacement PLUS and I shall ship the Pro back to them. Thank you for your help, VIOFO-Support and Capture-Your-Action :) Cheers
  6. T

OK, I did contact the seller (Viofo's India distributor) for a replacement. They said they were aware of this problem and they immediately shipped me a replacement. And I received the replacement an hour ago, and everything works fine, including being able to connect the camera to my iPhone...
  7. T

Thank you, yes I did follow Viofo-Support's recommendations too after I updated the firmware. It did not help. Cheers
  8. T

OK, I followed "Capture Your Action"'s method; the camera went through the lights-blinking-sequence of the update; started up fine etc. However, when I pressed the Wifi button on teh camera, the same exact error popped up again (AP error, same screen as shown in my video). Now what, I wonder...
  9. T

Thank you. I shall try this after I do the update again following "Capture You Action"'s method. Cheers
  10. T

Uh oh! This means I have to do the update all over again - copy the files onto the camera etc. Well, c'est la Vie! Cheers
  11. T

Thank you. I folllowed the instructions and updated the firmware by copying the two extracted bin files onto the root folder of the camera. Once the camera restarted, one of the bin files disappeared from the root folder, but one (FWA129SN.bin) is still present in the camera's root folder. Did...
  12. T

Thank you, the serial number is A129PLUS21290732. In the meanwhile, the firmware I currently have is VIOFOA129DuoPlusFWv1.0(20200925) from https://dashcamtalk.com/viofo-a129-plus-duo/. This firmware is v1.0, build 20200925. I went to viofo.com for this camera and saw that there has been an...
  13. T

OK, I went downstairs to shoot the video, and discovered I had a new problem, which first has to be resolved before I can shoot the original video. Here's a video of the new problem: https://we.tl/t-GDtlJDQNBr Thank you and cheers
  14. T

Thank you, I shall do that sometime today and upload it. Cheers
  15. T

Thank you, I shall try that. Now, in case that does work, wouldn't it mean that when I am driving my cellphone will not work - no calls, no navigation etc.? Cheers
  16. T

It keeps looping and always comes back to "Connect to camera" after going through the all the steps to connect. I spoke to the local rep in my country and they say everything should work fine. So, I have never been able to use the app at all on my iPhone to do anything - change settings or...