128Gb SD Card

SniffTheGlove

Hi,

I have ordered my Git2 Pro, so now looking for what SD card.

In the http://www.rcgroups.com Git2 thread (right at the start in the specs) it lists 128Gb Class 10
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2545523

A bit fuerther on User Gitup mentioned that a Transcend 128Gb card had been used by Gitup

However the specs on the Gitup website for the git2 states 64Gb but on the Firmware page it states 128Gb
http://www.gitup.com/en/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2

Can the Git2 use 128Gb SD cards?

Pajke

On my original box, that camera was packed in, it is written that supports 128 GB micro SD card. I didn't try, but i believe that box info should be correct.

SniffTheGlove

Thanks there.

I have just brought a Samsung 128Gb EVO+
Read : up to 80MB/s
Write : up to 20MB/s

Now the wait for it all to come.

What format should the memory card be, exfat or fat32. I have a transcend 64gig 10 class and was just wondering if the format makes a difference in quality of the video?

cuti87

Hi
i have another question related to the micro SD to be used.
which class of UHS-I is needed? A "normal" class 1 or a faster class 3 for high resolution videos?

as specified in the thecnical specification, the camera should work with "microSD memory card with a Class 10 or UHS-1 rating"
does the camera work with both classes (1 and 3) or only with the class 1?

thanks

Pajke

I use Verbatim micro SD class 10 - works like a charm with high resolution videos

Mateusz

Hi
i have another question related to the micro SD to be used.
which class of UHS-I is needed? A "normal" class 1 or a faster class 3 for high resolution videos?

as specified in the thecnical specification, the camera should work with "microSD memory card with a Class 10 or UHS-1 rating"
does the camera work with both classes (1 and 3) or only with the class 1?

thanks
You need minimum Class 10. I bought Toshiba 64GB UHS-1 at sale, for 15$. It is really great.

Kasai

Didn't you have problems with formatting? I have the same version of card but 64gb and it's exFAT - doesnt work, NTFS doesnt work neither.
Problem is, FAT32 cant have files larger than 4gb :(

Mateusz

Didn't you have problems with formatting? I have the same version of card but 64gb and it's exFAT - doesnt work, NTFS doesnt work neither.
Problem is, FAT32 cant have files larger than 4gb :(
Hi,
I never had problems with formatting, but i always did it by camera. Never tried formatting on pc.

Smartin

My Git2 works with the following class10 cards:
- SanDisk Ultra 128GB + 64GB
- Samsung 128 Evo+ 128GB
- Toshiba Exceria 128GB
- SaveTEC 64GB

Be sure to format them in the camera.
In the settings choose a clip length of 3 or 5 minutes. You can put the clips together seamless in the editing software.

Oscar Cachay

I just bought a 128GB class 10 card and when I put it in the cam, it appears the message «Custer size wrong. Please format.»

I do not how to format the card. Can anyone help me ?

Alistair Parsons

You need to format from the main system settings, the one that has date and time etc, formating the card is one of the last options...