3 wire hardwire kit - request

Ubershopper

Hi,

This kit comes with the cylindrical magnetic coil (or whatever it is called) close to the USB end, and then is hardwired to the power controller at close to the other end. This makes it impossible to run around the A pillar airbags in my vehicle (VW MK7). After looking for alternative routes, I wound up having to cut the cable, fish it through, and then patch the three interior wires together again. Perhaps a removable coil or put it at the same end with the power controller? Alternatively, make the USB cable detachable from the power controller?

I haven't had a chance to actually try out the hook-up as I thought it came with the fuse plug in ends and didn't realize they were a separate purchase until i was getting ready for install. I will be picking up those connectors this week to complete things.

GilesP

I'll agree that magnetic choke is a bit of a nuisance, it's seems to be positioned just about far enough away from the plug to allow it to get in the way of the trim you're trying to hide it behind.

removable would be ideal, however failing that, maybe a bit further from the plug, or at the supply end perhaps?