A119 V3 Recording Volume Issue

RufflesSCO

Hi, I just bought the A119 V3 and installed it yesterday but I'm finding something a bit annoying. I noticed that the dashcam recording volume seems to fluctuate depending on the amount of ambient noise.

For example, when I'm just driving normally and there's no traffic around me, everything in the video is quiet, including the music that's playing from my car stereo. If there's lots of cars driving past me creating wind noise and lots engine sounds, the dashcam records at a higher volume. I can notice this because all of a sudden the music in the video becomes louder as well. Then the music in the video goes back to being very quiet when there's no other outside noise around.

Is this normal? I've watched some other videos on youtube and the sound seems pretty steady. The dashcam came with the latest firmware: V2.0(update 2020.0711).

ursamajor

Last batches had (and still have) issues with the sound. Maybe they changed something in audio chain to reduce costs... and maintain profits. ;) I also bought a V3 having the same problem. I returned it an I bought an A129 Plus: same hardware, better build, better angle, WiFi etc.

RufflesSCO

Last batches had (and still have) issues with the sound. Maybe they changed something in audio chain to reduce costs... and maintain profits. ;) I also bought a V3 having the same problem. I returned it an I bought an A129 Plus: same hardware, better build, better angle, WiFi etc.
That's unfortunate. I bought the a119 v3 after lots of researching and seeing all the great reviews and recommendations; many calling it the "best budget" dashcam. I was pretty annoyed with the audio issue but just ended up accepting it for what it is.

ursamajor

I couldn't accept this. Sometimes, you really need good audio, incidents on the road can really happen.
I choose A129+ and i'm happy with it. It's newer, it can accept rear camera, it has same sensor/chipset, it has better build, it has Wifi, better optics/wider angle... and same firmware team as V3, afaik. So we can expect good things in firmware.

ursamajor

It's same image quality as V3, same sensor, but better lens: sharper, slightly wide field of view.
The second question is not clear...

ursamajor

Of course. It fits for all Viofo's from 119 and 129 series with buffered parking mode, as far as I know.