A119S VIOFO Continuous Beeping at start up fix

Gary M

Hi

For those of you who may have, still have or will have the continuous beeping (about 12 times then stops/hangs at the VIOFO screen) when your unit gets any sort of power from your car or computer. You may want to try this as it worked for me April 2020

Let me give you some history on my VIOFO 119S camera.
My camera is always plugged directly to the camera and is always plugged into the power source in my car so, when I start my car the camera starts.
The camera has worked fine for years but, recently I wanted to look at a recording on my laptop. Once I viewed the recording, I then put the camera back in my car. The next time I actually started my car the beeping started.
From that point forward it continually beeped powered on either way. The reset button wouldn’t work. I couldn’t access the cameras menu as it was freezing at the VIOFO screen. Reading things about being the Micro card could be the problem which I knew it wasn’t.

The fix for me was.
I reformatted the micro card then loaded the LDBA119.BIN (loader) file ONLY from VIOFO A119 firmware page as the loader file wasn’t on the A119S page.
The fix or change I did was I powered it up using a different laptop USB port. I gave it a minute or two powered up with the loader file then unplugged it, I then removed the LDBA file from the card and loaded the latest A119S V4.0 firmware. Plugged the camera back into the second laptop USB port again and it started copying the new firmware with the message “Micro SD card reader mode”
Note: “Mass Storage” message was replaced with “Micro SD card reader mode” in

Hope this helps others having the same problem.