A129 Duo not reading micro sd card

Blindhog

Hi,
Just purchased A129 Duo and Sandisk 256 GB high endurance card. Formatted card using SD Formatter (AOMEI) and it shows being FAT32 format in properties. When I inset card into camera and power on, the screen says "Please format the Micro sd card"; and then goes to microSD CardReader Mode. I cannot get off the reader mode screen. Tried numerous times and nothing changes. Even loaded the new firmware on the card and inserted, nothing. Getting pretty frustrated with lack of support from Viofo. I chose this brand after researching many brands and numerous YouTube videos. Any ideas?
Please help.

Hog

Capture Your Action

Don’t power the camera with your computers USB port. To power in your house, use a USB wall charger. Card Reader Mode is when your connecting your camera to a computer to access the card.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, could you please power on the dashcam through a power bank or a household socket to have a try?
And you can download the guiformat2 from the link below to format the SD card as FAT32 and try again:

https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000046583

Please don't select the quick format when you use the guiformat2.
Also, you can change another SD card to test, we recommend you use the SD cards of Samsung, VIOFO or Transcend high endurance series.