A129 Duo Out of focus?

Ikif

Hello.
I have used the camera on Octavia for about one year and it worked properly , later I was one year without a car and I kept the camera in save place.
Now I installed only the front camera on a new Hyundai Ioniq and the picture looks terrible , I can't recognize any plate numbers.

Thank you in advance.

benkar

Hi.
Interestingly. Dashboard looks sharply. Do you use the CPL filter? Looks really to blur the lens. In addition, I feel that rattle a relaxed microphone (cracking).

Ikif

Hi.
Interestingly. Dashboard looks sharply. Do you use the CPL filter? Looks really to blur the lens. In addition, I feel that rattle a relaxed microphone (cracking).
Hello.
Thanks.
Yes , I use the CPL filter , which I used before also. I tried to remove the filter and it looks same bad.
I don't hear cracking in the sound .... The sound just looks good sort of.

benkar

I would try sharing the lens according to this manual:
...and the microphone really bursts. I had the same problem and was enough to fasten it.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

I watched the video you uploaded and can confirm that this dashcam is already out of focus.

About how to refocus this kind of dashcam, benkar shared a great video. You can try to fix it manually if you'd like.

Or we can provide a 20% discount for you to purchase a new dashcam from our official website.

Please let me if that's helpful to you!

Ikif

Yes, it's a shame, I handled the camera very carefully, why did this happen ...
How can I focus the lens without assemble-disassemble with moving 1mm ?
Maybe I can connect it to 5V at home and take aim some object after X meters and turn the lens (in disassemble state carefully) until I get focused target object on my phone application ?
(I saw other video before)
What is a distance to target I should set ?

Last edited: