A129 Duo Pro jittery playback on Mac OS?

2sox

Hi, as a newbie I am getting jittery playback on my Mac Book Pro although the footage views fine on my iPhone, can the jittery playback on MAC OS be fixed for editing purposes?
cheers
Wally

Capture Your Action

You can try using h265 instead of h264 (default). There is a known issue with using the h264 Pro files on quicktime (I assume that's what your using). Press and hold the MIC button to switch between the two. h265 seems to be OK with Quicktime if I recall.

2sox

You can try using h265 instead of h264 (default). There is a known issue with using the h264 Pro files on quicktime (I assume that's what your using). Press and hold the MIC button to switch between the two. h265 seems to be OK with Quicktime if I recall.
...yes thanks Ive heard that is a solution for MAC but also heard that the codec H265 also drops out on the 4KDuo Pro so don't really want to risk that happening
I'm happy with the codec and its viewing on the iPhone or iPad it works just fine , but it would be nce to be able to view and or edit on the MAC, sadly iMovie on the MAC doesn't really get on with the 4K codec, shame, Ive tried Dashcam viwer as recommended ellsewhere but this will not open due to security issues on my MAC and Norton 360

Last edited:

ScottyO

I could have written the same message as the original poster! I just returned from a trip and decided to make a little movie in iMovie on my iMac, but can't get it to play. Video plays fine in VLC or in the VIOFO app on my iPad. Since the video has already been shot, it's too late to be discussing CODECs.

Since this was originally written, has anyone come up with a solution or workaround?