A129 Not Powering Up on Ignition

Wayne1984

We purchased the A129 Duo this time last year and up until now it has worked fine. We have a 2003 Ford Mondeo and use the Lighter socket with USB connector as the power source and have not been able to hardwire it due to the car’s age.
I have tested the socket and this seems to have power to charge phones so know it’s not that.
Can you suggest what the issue might be? Would a firmware update correct a power issue?
Thanks
Wayne

Capture Your Action

Updating is worth a try if your not already on V1.9. Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update. You should also press and hold the reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds after defaulting settings.

Can also try adjusting the boot delay in the settings.

Why can’t you hardwire a 2003 car?

Wayne1984

Thank you for coming back to me, in that case I’ll see if updating the firmware works. Can you share a link for guidance on that?
PS the reason for not hardwiring was due to the expense of doing so on a car of that age.

Capture Your Action

Thank you for coming back to me, in that case I’ll see if updating the firmware works. Can you share a link for guidance on that?
PS the reason for not hardwiring was due to the expense of doing so on a car of that age.

Why is it more expensive to hardwire in a 2003 car versus a 2020 car? They both have fuse boxes. Just tap a fuse and run the wire. If anything, I would think a 2003 would be easier because you may have less air bags to worry about.

benkar

Why is it more expensive to hardwire in a 2003 car versus a 2020 car? They both have fuse boxes. Just tap a fuse and run the wire. If anything, I would think a 2003 would be easier because you may have less air bags to worry about.
That's right, I have a car from 1997 (Škoda Octavia) and the camera with the hardwire kit works flawlessly.

Wayne1984

Ok so an update, I updated the firmware but this has made no difference. I then moved the connection from the power dock to the USB dock when plugged into the car and this works. Would sourcing the power this waycause problems? I’m guessing this shows the problem must originate from the power dock?

Capture Your Action

Ok so an update, I updated the firmware but this has made no difference. I then moved the connection from the power dock to the USB dock when plugged into the car and this works. Would sourcing the power this waycause problems? I’m guessing this shows the problem must originate from the power dock?
What is a power dock? What is a USB dock?

Capture Your Action

OK. Powering direct to camera is fine. If it works and you don’t mind using that port versus the mount, then it’s fine.