A129 Plus Duo-Buffered Parking Mode Being Removed By Viofo!

goddi

Greetings,
Viofo is removing Buffered Parking Mode. It does not say as of which version.

I have V1.4 Front and V1.3 Rear. It does not say which firmware version will remove the buffered parking mode. So I am confused and not happy at all. I bought two of these dash cams primarily for the Buffered Parking Mode feature.

But I am also confused as to the settings for Parking Mode (whether it is Buffered or not).
I can set 'Parking Mode/AutoEventDetection' and 'Parking Record Duration/30 minutes' and 'Parking Mode Detection/Medium'.
However, if I then select 'Motion Detection/On', it turns the 'Parking Mode/AutoEventDetection' to Off.

So what is the difference between 'AutoEventDetection' and 'Motion Detection/On'?
Is 'AutoEventDetction' the same as 'Buffered Parking Mode'? And you have to select 'Motion Detection' to be Off?

Gary

Capture Your Action

Motion Detection is for regular driving files. Parking Mode Motion Detection is for Auto Event Detection parking mode. Leave regular motion detection off.

Buffered Parking Mode has been a troublesome feature, which may be causing issues. Not sure if they are removing it temporarily or not.

goddi

Greetings,
What do you mean by 'Motion Detection' is for regular driving files? 'Motion Detection' is for when the car is not being driven.
Am I correct that if you select 'Motion Detection' to be On, it will turn 'AutoEventDetection' to be Off?
What is 'AutoEventDetection'? Does it detect motion, in the Front or Rear cameras when parked, such as a person walking by, and records for 1 minute or until the motion stops?
So what does 'Motion Detection' do differently?
And in which version will the Buffered Parking Mode be removed.
Is (was) 'Buffered Parking Mode' the same as 'AutoEventDetection' or in 'Motion Detection'?
Why can't these thing be clear and concise in the camera's instructions or in the company's website??? I have looked at everything I can find to clarify this but it only leads to more questions.
Gary

Capture Your Action

There are two different settings in the menu. Motion Detection and Parking Mode Motion Detection. Motion Detection is for when you are just driving around. In theory, the camera would stop recording if you where stopped somewhere, but there wasn't anything moving in front of the camera. This could potentially save space on the card are the camera wouldn't be recording anything, but it's an unreliable feature in all cameras and can lead to missed footage of something important. Parking Mode Motion Detection is the sensitivity of motion detection when using Auto Event Detection. Just leave the regular Motion Detection setting off.
Auto Event Detection will trigger on motion or g-sensor. I believe it's just the most recent firmware version that has removed the buffered part of Auto Event Detection Mode. This simply means it will no longer be able to record 10 seconds before the motion or g-sensor was sensed.

goddi

Thanks. That is what I have been coming to think how all this works. The problem is the menus for the dash cams are really non-intuitive. They just line them up and you'd think they are all independent and you can choose to use that function or not. Nowhere does it indicate that you have to choose between the 'Parking Mode/AutoEventDetection' and the 'Motion Detection'. They should put them in a menu structure where it is clear that you would have to choose one or the other.

I'm having other problems with my A129 Plus Duo. The rear camera does not take clips every so often. I'll have the Front clip, but not the Rear clip. Always something...
Thanks,
Gary

Crimtide

Greetings,
Viofo is removing Buffered Parking Mode. It does not say as of which version.

I have V1.4 Front and V1.3 Rear. It does not say which firmware version will remove the buffered parking mode. So I am confused and not happy at all. I bought two of these dash cams primarily for the Buffered Parking Mode feature.

But I am also confused as to the settings for Parking Mode (whether it is Buffered or not).
I can set 'Parking Mode/AutoEventDetection' and 'Parking Record Duration/30 minutes' and 'Parking Mode Detection/Medium'.
However, if I then select 'Motion Detection/On', it turns the 'Parking Mode/AutoEventDetection' to Off.

So what is the difference between 'AutoEventDetection' and 'Motion Detection/On'?
Is 'AutoEventDetction' the same as 'Buffered Parking Mode'? And you have to select 'Motion Detection' to be Off?

Gary
Just made this account to check on this as I was about to purchase the A129 Pro Duo.. did they end of removing it? If so, did they implement it back? Any update on this? This is the ONLY instance of buffered parking mode being removed, that I can find, anywhere, and quite honestly, is going to make or break me buying this cam.

Capture Your Action

Just made this account to check on this as I was about to purchase the A129 Pro Duo.. did they end of removing it? If so, did they implement it back? Any update on this? This is the ONLY instance of buffered parking mode being removed, that I can find, anywhere, and quite honestly, is going to make or break me buying this cam.
It was removed on the A129 Plus, not the A129 Pro.

Edward

It was removed on the A129 Plus, not the A129 Pro.
A friend of mine just bought A129 plus duo and he needs to update the latest firmware version, but it is meant for only the front cam, no need to update the rear one? I still have the previous firmware in my computer.

Capture Your Action

A friend of mine just bought A129 plus duo and he needs to update the latest firmware version, but it is meant for only the front cam, no need to update the rear one? I still have the previous firmware in my computer.

Correct, at this time, there is no need to update the rear camera.