A129 Plus Duo froze...?

goddi

Greetings,
I had to go on a trip, about two hours, round trip. After I returned, I noticed the Rec light was not still, not flashing. But the time showed 4 seconds (upper right hand corner) and was not increasing. I took a look at the SDcard on the PC. The first video clip of the trip, as I left the house was there...but a blank black one followed and nothing after that. Looks like the taping stopped as I left the house and it froze. So I had no other recorded video clips for the entire trip. Nor were there any Parking Mode clips taken.
Any idea what happened?
Gary

goddi

Greetings,
Not sure yet. I had another problem of several clips missing. Might have the Front clip, but not the Rear clip. Or the Front and Rear clips that should have been there, were missing.
I updated the Firmware from V1.0 to V1.4. I haven't had a chance to do some driving so not sure if it is was the camera or the card. I've got a new card ready just in case it happens again to see if it was the card or the camera. But it will take some more driving trips to see if any of this happens again.
Gary

goddi

MK3...
I took a short trip today and I did not have any problem with the dash cam freezing. It took all the clips as expected. So I had updated my firmware to V1.4 and that, I hope, fixed the problem I was having.
Gary

nddomer1999

I have the A129 Duo and mine did exactly the same thing. I am trying to update mine using the instructions on the website by downloading the bin file and putting it on the formatted SD card and connecting my camera to my computer. It's not doing anything. The camera is still frozen. help!!!

goddi

I have the A129 Duo and mine did exactly the same thing. I am trying to update mine using the instructions on the website by downloading the bin file and putting it on the formatted SD card and connecting my camera to my computer. It's not doing anything. The camera is still frozen. help!!!
Try this:
I got this reply from BlackBoxMyCar after I asked for better instructions.

"1. Take your microSD card out of the camera and insert it into your computer using the supplied reader.

2. Click on the link below and download all three files (RearcamA129FW.update, RearcamA129FW.bin, FWA129S.bin):
https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000117980-viofo-a129-plus-duo-dash-camera-firmware

3. Format your memory card in your computer (the memory card should be empty after doing this).

4. Open your Downloads folder and drag/drop (or copy/paste) all three firmware files onto the root of your memory card.

5. Once the files are transferred over, go ahead and eject your memory card and pop it back into your front camera.

6. Turn on the car for the camera to boot up, and wait for it to reboot (the red LED light will flash during this process and the screen will be black). Once the camera boots up and the screen shows live view, short press the WiFi button (the one on the far right) and you'll see a message stating 'Send FW to TX.."

7. After about a minute or so, you will see 'Tx Start Update FW...'. Once the message disappears, unplug the power cable and plug it back into to reboot the camera.

You can confirm that the camera is on the latest firmware by going into the settings and verifying that it is running on V1.4.

You can leave your cameras and the cables in your vehicle during this process, no need to remove them."